Looking for broccoli salad recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
Hi all,

Years and years ago a Portuguese woman I used to know made this really cool summer salad. If memory serves me right it included broccoli (just the stems cut into matchstick sized pieces), uncooked chow mein noodles (it might have been ramen), olive oil and good quality balsamic vinegar (it was served cold, no cooking involved), but there was definitely more to it and I can’t seem to remember what the “more” was.

Has anyone ever tried a similar recipe? I would love to find it again.

Thanks eveyone :)[font=&quot][/font]

I did a search but had no luck. I found lots of broccoli salads, but they were nothing like what you described. Hopefully someone will have what you want and will post it soon.

:) Barbara

Thanks Barbara, you're so sweet to do a search for me :) Likewise I googled and yahooed and came up empty handed...hmmmmmm, just have to keep searching, as I am now thoroughly craving this salad :mrgreen:

Jessica,

Maybe it is a Portuguese recipe. Have you looked at any Portuguese cookbooks? They might even have one at your local library. I used to get Swedish cookbooks there.

:) Barbara

Thanks Barbara that's a good idea :) Honest to goodness my local library is about the size of some people's kitchens but they are able to bring in books from all over the county. I'll see what I can find - thanks again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom