My Baby Girl Is At School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can remember my oldest sons first day of school. It was 24 years ago. I walked to the school with him and then I cried all the way home (All by myself), he's now 28 and I can't believe he's pushing 30 :ohmy: That makes me feel old.

My youngest started school this year but we start back at the end of january so she's an old hand now!! I have a weird experience compared to you cause i work full time so I never saw her during the day but now she's at school she sees me alot cause conveniently I teach at her school! Its quite funny being on playground duty and having her holding my hand or running up to tell me something! Its costing me a fortune at the canteen cause the 3 days its open she'll come up to the office to get me to ask for money!!!
I teach the Year 5 & 6 and we go with the kindies on a Thursday afternoon for "buddies" where each older child is paired with a younger child and we do activities, the kids love it and I get to see Erin and what she's doing. When we were making mother's day gifts the other kids were very concerned that I would see what she was making.
There are negatives to having her at my school but on the whole I love it and it meant I never had the tears when she started.

I was a teacher at the day care where TC went until Savannah was born. So I know what you mean mrsmac! Being ablw to see him while I was working my the days go by so much faster too!

Savannah cried Saturday because she wanted to go to school. She was so excited to go back today that she was up at 5:30 this morning with me.:mrgreen:

i feel for ya crewsk. my youngest will be starting his first day of school next tuesday. i know i'm going to be a blubbering mess. I'm so used to having him here with me its going to be a huge adjustment. Wished you were closer we could cry on each others shoulders and take turns pestering each others cats so they didn't feel the emptiness too.

Sizz, I'll be thinking about you next Tuesday! I'm sure our cats will enjoy the break from getting pestered all day.:LOL: You can always pm me if you need a shoulder!

Our school has a "Tea and tissues"/ "Coffee and Kleenex" morning tea for all the kindergarten mums on the first day so they can all meet and have someone to cry with if necessary. My friends all went out for lunch to celebrate but I couldn't cause I was at school!!

That's a great idea! At my kids school, they have Kindergarten kickoff on the first day for the parents. The administrators go over a few things & the mom's generally sit there & cry. Maybe I'll celebrate next year (or maybe even after Christmas break ths year:LOL: )!

mrsmac said:
Our school has a "Tea and tissues"/ "Coffee and Kleenex" morning tea for all the kindergarten mums on the first day so they can all meet and have someone to cry with if necessary. My friends all went out for lunch to celebrate but I couldn't cause I was at school!!

oh, that is the sweetest idea! just makes me smile.:)

Crewsk, I can imagine how sad it is. :neutral: But on the bright side she has great parents! ANNNNNNND...... you can use that food dicer thingy you won at the Cafe! :rolleyes:

And crewsk you can be comfortable knowing that she is with people who care about her and who have her best interests at heart (thats how I teach anyway) I am glad when my children love school cause it means I am doing my job properly.:)

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Crewsk, I can imagine how sad it is. :neutral: But on the bright side she has great parents! ANNNNNNND...... you can use that food dicer thingy you won at the Cafe! :rolleyes:

Thanks Sushi! Oh, I used it last night to grate some parmesan cheese!:-p

Mrsmac, how true! Since TC is at the same school as Savannah, it has given me a chance to get to know a lot of the teachers & admin. On registration day, several of TC's past teachers told me that they would be looking out for Savannah too. I know they have their own students but everyone really go's out of their way to make sure all the kids are happy & learning. It's a really great & caring school! I'm sure your students parents appreciate all your hard work with their children. Teachers really do make a big difference in a child's life. I thank all of our teachers here for that!:)

My shoulders always available Crewsk. We have open house the night before so we can meet the teacher and others that will be in the class........I'm sure I'll be a wreck by the time thats over with. The toughest part will be walking him to school the first day, leaving him there, and making the journey back home by myself.

I know it will be Sizz! My car still feels so empty after I drop the kids off at school If hubby hadn't been holding my hand that first day as I walked back to the car I wouldn't have made it. I have to keep telling myself that hey have to grow up sometime. It's one of the hardest things to have to keep reminding myself of though.

This is my 3rd and last time I'll have to experience this thankfully. Haven't had to do it in a very long time though. Oldest will be a freshman in college, middle is starting high school........so its been a very long time. As sad as it makes me thinking i won't have him to hang out with i'm excited for him. Personally, I'm currently looking for a new job......so that should ease my empty syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom