Asian Tacos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brianschef

Senior Cook
Asian Tacos

Ingredients:

2-5 pound pork roast(beef roast or even chicken would work)

½ cup teriyaki sauce

½ cup stir fry sauce

¼ cup hoisin sauce

1 tablespoon sesame oil

1 tablespoon 5 spice powder

2 large minced cloves garlic(I used much more)

Dry or fresh cilantro

Cole slaw or broccoli slaw mix

12 soft flour tortillas

Directions:

Mix all the ingredients together except the meat, cole slaw and tortillas in a large ziplock bag. Mix well and add the meat. Smoosh around until al the meat is covered and marinate in the fridge for 8-24 hours. Put it in the crockpot that you have sprayed with PAM, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Reserve the marinade in the fridge.

When done, pull the meat (or shred it) with two forks, add it back to the crockpot with the reserved marinade and turn the crockpot to high for 30 minutes. Place tortilla on plate and layer with slaw mix, the sprinkle with fresh minced cilantro. Add the shredded meat and roll.

I've been making sweet and sour pork wraps for years so this seems perfectly logical (and looks great) - thanks for posting it :)

Brianschef said:
Asian Tacos

Ingredients:

2-5 pound pork roast(beef roast or even chicken would work)

½ cup teriyaki sauce

½ cup stir fry sauce

¼ cup hoisin sauce

1 tablespoon sesame oil

1 tablespoon 5 spice powder

2 large minced cloves garlic(I used much more)

Dry or fresh cilantro

Cole slaw or broccoli slaw mix

12 soft flour tortillas

Directions:

Mix all the ingredients together except the meat, cole slaw and tortillas in a large ziplock bag. Mix well and add the meat. Smoosh around until al the meat is covered and marinate in the fridge for 8-24 hours. Put it in the crockpot that you have sprayed with PAM, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Reserve the marinade in the fridge.

When done, pull the meat (or shred it) with two forks, add it back to the crockpot with the reserved marinade and turn the crockpot to high for 30 minutes. Place tortilla on plate and layer with slaw mix, the sprinkle with fresh minced cilantro. Add the shredded meat and roll.

What are you referring to regarding the stir fry sauce? Is it a blend of ingredients, a store bought bottled sauce, etc.?

Yes and yes. Kikkoman sells a 12 ounce bottle of Stir-Fry Sauce for about $1.39. I also make my own stir fry sauce by the quart and keep it in the fridge(my cost $1.28 for 1 1/2 quarts). Either way you use 1/2 cup. = )

Back
Top Bottom