What kind of green salad do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What kind of green salad do you like?

• Total voters

SierraCook

Master Chef
I usually prefer mixed greens with some type of vinaigrette and feta cheese. But every once in a while there is nothing like the classic iceberg salad with Thousand Island dressing. What is your favorite type of green salad?

Last edited:
You are right Sierra - or a wedge with bleu cheese dressing - the first time I ever had thousand island was also on a wedge! Very refreshing!!!

I like a mixed green salad with some sort of vinaigrette dressing - I've got a recipe for a Chardonnay vinaigrette that I love - or I like a salad with mandarin orange, red onion, toasted whole almonds and a vinaigrette made out of the juice from the mandarin oranges, strawberries, apple cider vintager, a little white onion, a very light olive oil (no flavor there), blended in blender then add poppy seeds.

I also like to take the Good Seasons dry Italian Mix, make it to spec, but add some Splenda or sugar to it - maybe 2 tsp? or thereabouts.

i like iceburg with tomatoes, chicken, bacon, cheese and croutons.
gyro meat is also really good in there.

i also like the tomato basil mozzerella salad alot

Hate to be anal, but a green salad is exactly that, wholly green apart from the dressing.

Aside from that I always enjoy a mustard-red wine vinegar dressing on salads, or even just a simple ev-oo and lemon juice.

You put on too many of my favs, Sierra!
But I had to vote for the classic Italiano: mozz, toms, basil and balsamic. Yum!

I voted other only because I prefer greens with a "bite" like arugula, mache, etc. Dressing-wise it's harder to say. It really depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Sometimes I'll just toss the greens with extra-virgin olive oil, lemon, and kosher salt, other times I want something sweeter like a raspberry vinaigrette.

I have tried, oh HOW I have tried to like iceberg lettuce....:)

I prefer Romaine or Kos lettuces or some of the frilly Italian ones like lollo rosso.

I voted for the mixed baby greens with balsamic, but if tomatoes are fresh from the garden, a tomato, mozarella and basil salad is my choice!

I can't choose...I like them all! But we eat iceburg lettuce at least 50 percent of the time, because it's my husband's favorite, and he does most of the shopping.

I'm with you jennyema. We are saladaholics around here. I am particularly craving spinach salad today. Mmmmmmmm.

I really like a lot of stuff on my salads. I voted for the spinach but also enjoy the fresh mozz as well as the cobb. We usually have some kind of green with tomatoes, cukes, avocados, mandarin oranges, gorgonzola, some kind of toasted nut (usually pecans or pine nuts) and homemade croutons. I really pile on the stuff though.

Bangbang said:
I love caeser salads.

Me too! What a great invention, the Caesar salad. I grew up in a household where Mom made an iceberg lettuce salad with a vinegar and oil salad dressing for every dinner meal. I am not a real big fan of salad after having one every day. I love steamed veggies with a meal most often now. But a Caesar salad is the exception - just delightful.

BC

You had to go and put taco salad in there, didn't you, SC? Anything with guacamole and sour cream in it gets my vote. However, I try to be good and usually go for the baby greens with vinaigrette.

I was baaaaad! I voted for them all. The only thing on the list I didn't like was thousand island dressing. A few friends and I went to Zaxby's yesterday and I had a chicken bleu salad. It had romaine, some other veggies, blue cheese and blue cheese dressing. It was very good. I'd only been to one of their places once before with my grandaughter. She likes their chicken and fries.

Back
Top Bottom