Bad To Worse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Things just went from bad to worse. I went to buy lunch today. My debit card was declined. I found out that some how my bank account was -$643. Yeah.... thats a negative. I thought I had my finances in check. I was VERY wrong. Very. I sat in my cubicle and cried for 30 minutes. My boss gave my a $1000 advance. Rent is coming up and thats $800 and then I have to pay $220 for my car. Im going to ask my aunts for money. If that fails. I dont know what Im going to do.
I'll have to move out. And move in with my dad. VERY horrible thought. Him and I dont get along. He has a dog. Im allergic to dogs. I have two cats. His dog dosent like cats. He also lives 55 miles south of me. I would have to quit my job. I would have to pay 2 months rent in fines. My credit is in the tank. I cant buy a car. I cant rent another apartment. I have thousands of dollars in credit card bills.

I thought I was on my way up and out. Now Im in a bigger hole than ever. And the thought of not being on this site every day is not to pleseant either.

oh sush that's terrible. i feel for you babe. i wish i had a way to help you out.
right now all i can do is offer you my thoughts and prayers. i really do hope
things get better for you very soon.

Dang Sushi, I'm sorry. I've been there, believe me. It's hard, very hard. But, it WILL get better, just keep your head up and just take it day to day. God never gives you more than you can handle, even when it seems that you are about to lose it all together. Just know we are all here for you if you need to vent.
BIG HUG for you!!!

4.gif

DS- I'm so sorry to hear that things are getting worse. Is there any way you can call your credit card companies and ask them to lower your interest rate or work with you on some sort of payment plan? Maybe if you can hold your head above water until your lease is up, you can move out and find somewhere cheaper to live?

On a positive note, I think if your job was in jeopardy, I don't think your boss would have advanced you $$. Good luck, we'll all be thinking of you and hoping good things to come.

Thanks again everyone. You know it seems like I write a horror story every month. And.... yes.... they are all true. I dont think too many people would believe me if I told them all at once. Is it just me? Do all of you have this type of life????

OHHHHHHHH Yeah!! I forgot my pager in my car after I got home. So I went to get it. I saw a nice dent with a BIG red streak on the side of my Camry. This guy next to me opened his rear door into mine. So I called the police to make a report. That took about an hour. :neutral:

Well, Deadly Sushi, you are getting hard to top, but, yes, I have had such times in my life when everything seems to be going wrong, and all the trouble seems to attract....more trouble. All I can tell you is that what texasgirl said to you is true, and htc gave you some good advice. There is light at the end of the tunnel and you always have some choices (even if they seem lousy at the time). Hang in there. Sandyj

No sushi
you are not alone. I've been there. It's not fun
but it will get better! You're a great guy and good things
are bound to happen for you.

I wish I was closer so that I could give
you a nice big hug. Please know that I'm sending
you virtual one right now.

smiles, Trish

sush i'm gooing through it right now. i may lose my job in the next week or two. they're talking about closing the store and going non-union. which means either all new people will be hired or we get cut down to minimum wage which is less than what i started out at. saturday i came home from work to see 25 1/4 inches of sewage water in basement. lost our dryer, hot water heater, furnace, furniture, a dresser that can never be repplaced. had to take off the paneling and remove the insulation from all the water damage. about 10,000 dollars worth of damage. so yeah i'm having a streak of bad luck too.

Oh noooo Middie! I have a magic wand which I do use occasionally - really it's only for when I'm angry, but occasionally I do use it for good. I'll wave it for you guys, and maybe your luck will turn! Seriously though, when it's rough, it's rough, but it always does get better......take care Sandyj

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
OHHHHHHHH Yeah!! I forgot my pager in my car after I got home. So I went to get it. I saw a nice dent with a BIG red streak on the side of my Camry. This guy next to me opened his rear door into mine. So I called the police to make a report. That took about an hour. :neutral:

Someone keyed our car last week. Three scratches on the passenger doors and a backwards Z on the back of the car. I don't know what causes people to do things like that. I can't, for the life of me, understand it!

Two years ago, I nudged another parked car and broke their tail light. I left a note on their window and the owner was tickled pink that I was honest about it. When I spoke to him on the phone he said, "I'd like to shake the hand of an honest person." It's sad that it is becoming so rare to take responsibility for your own actions.

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well for you DS. Everything bad seems to happen all at once and then it will clear up. It tends to come in waves, just like bills (we just got one from the beloved IRS for $900, electricity $400, and medical insurance $300). Just try to keep positive!

Last edited:
Sushi I have to confess I am looking for work too buddy, I wish I could send you some money. I feel bad for you.
Barbara has her job, but I feel bad because I am not doing my share. I am the heaviest I have ever been and have been so depressed. I don't believe in myself anymore. My 14 year old daughter doesn't want to visit me. And my family doesn't ever call. So you all are my family now. I wish I could do something for you Sushi I will say a pray for you and Middie though! :flowers: Cheer up things will get better for you Sushi !:chef:

I know how you feel Sushi I actually have the kind of life that people I work with say "oh my goodness, how does one person have so many bad things happen at once" I have decided to just get on with it, it means at least we're not dull!! We are (touch wood) entering a good patch although money is always tight, but 3 months ago my husband had a really bad motorcycle accident while his grandfather was dying of cancer. Then the 2nd day in hospital they overdosed DH on morphine and he went into respitory arrest (they rang me at 2am just to let me know there had been a bit of a problem) Anyway won't drag on but his grandfather eventually died a few weeks after DH's accicdent and while I was at the hospice with DH grandad my aunty rang to say my grandma was ill so I spent the next week driving 1hour each way to help nurse her and go home to nurse DH who had to keep leg elevated. Grandma died a week after DH's grandad so my kids lost a gr grandparent 2 saturdays in a row and had funerals 2 thursdays in a row.
DH is still incapacitated as he had to have a bone graft cause he lost so much bone in his tibia and the doctor doesn't know when he will walk or work again. At least it happened on his way home from work so its workers comp. he had only been in the job 2 weeks and had been unemployed for 2 months before that so we would be living in a tent if it had happened then!
Gosh that was a mouthful. Anyway Sushi I am not saying my life is worse or anything just letting you know other people have bad lives too to make you feel better!
I have a spare room but I don't think you could commute from here!!
I would ring the credit card companies as suggested and see if you can work something out. How big is your flat? Can you rent out a room or something?
Big hugs to you.

We're thinking of you. Like many here, I've been there before, and wouldn't wish to go back. Hope everything works out.

Man DS, how the heck did that happen?

One of our staff is -$121 from using a debit card.

Probably a good thing we don't have any. As I can see myself getting into a hole like that.

Hang in there, it may take a while, but you'll survive. And anything that doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger!

Sushi, look up & be thankful that you are alive every day!! Not so long ago I was having to scrape change together to buy groceries. I'm by no means totally past that stage but it's getting better. I seemed like every day there was something else going wrong or something that had to be paid. Hubby took a day off work & we spent the day calling all the companies we owed money & set up payment plans. Most of them were very understanding & helped us out a lot. I know, it seems like things keep getting worse for you but they will get better! Stay strong & keep your chin up!

mudbug said:
Sending positive vibes for Sushi, middie, Maidrite,and corazon in the wish that things go better in the future.

Thanks mudbug!
We may be stone broke, but at least we are still happy! I have the most incredible family that shares so much love, how could I possibly let something like money ruin that?

Back
Top Bottom