Tnt... Hot Bacon Cheese Spread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
this is sooooo good. wasn't sure where to put it though. i think it's more of an appetizer so i'll put it here.

1 16 ounce loaf round bread
12 slices bacon, crisp and crumbled
1 8 ounce package Shredded Colby/Montery Jack cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonaise
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced

Cut the top of the bread off, removing center leaving the shell 1 inch thick. Cut removed bread into bite size pieces and set aside.

Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon into hollowed out bread shell. Cover shell with the top piece of the bread, and place on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve with the bread pieces or crackers.

makes about 3 1/2 cups.

Note: To reheat, microwave filled bread shell with the top on for 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring once.

Yummy Middie,

looks great and we will not have to worry about re-heating, we will just go to the store and get the fixings for a second one:LOL:
kadesma

mmm this has me salavating and I don't even eat meat! ha. I'll have to make it for a party though, sounds heavenly.

Thanks for posting it middie.

Thankyou so much, I had something like this once but could never get the recipe. :pig: (the pig is cause my 5 yr old is sitting on my lap and is wanting me to put a pig in a post!)

You're killing me, Middie :LOL: I'll never get my jeans on after this one. Thank you. :)

Middie - I made this today to snack on while we watched da Bears win! This is absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for a delicious and very pretty appetizer!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom