Finesse Enameled Cast Iron?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7romanstatesmen

Assistant Cook
sorry to make another thread about another brand of cast iron cookware, but i wondered if anyone knew anything about it? i saw a couple little pots at a local thrift store in 1 and 1.5 litre sizes (haven't seen things sized in litres much) and bought the smaller one, figuring that i might go back and see if they still have the other size if someone knows if they are quality or not. the enamel doesn't appear nearly as tough as on the le creuset i found, as it's kinda chipping a little near the top, so that might be an indication, or it might just be a care issue. it has a pretty nicely finished wood handle, though. any ideas?

oh, and on a related, but kinda sad side note, earlier i saw a similarly sized cousances {sic} pot but after a little examination, and a lot of getting my hopes up, i found a two or three inch hairline fracture going down the side...oh well, you win some and you lose some...:(

As far as I can tell from research on the net, Finesse is porcelain coated cast iron, which was manufactured by the General Housewares Corporation. I think this company went bankrupt and was bought by World Kitchen in 1999, (which makes Pyrex, Corningware, Revere, Corelle, Ekco and Magnalite).

It sounds as though your cookware must be old stock, but reasonable quality. I don't know if the porcelain enamel coating would be slightly less durable than the enamel used by Le Creuset and other manufacturers. I don't think that World Kitchen continued to manufacture Finesse, as it is not listed as a brand on their website. It seems to be found a lot in 'mixed pallets' and 'truck loads' that are offered to discount stores.

Paint.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom