My lunch was stolen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
For the past year I have been working out of my home office. A short while ago my employer told me that because of changes in the department all people working from home would now need to work from the office instead. That was bad enough. Well this is the first day of my second week back in the office and someone stole my lunch out of the fridge :furious:

I am so furious!!!!!

I am friends with the facilities manager so I wrote up this note and am just waiting for her permission to post it on the fridge. She will probably tell me I can not post it, but we will see. This is what it says:

To the thief who stole my turkey cheese and bacon sandwich:

I hope you enjoyed my lunch today. What you thought was mustard on my sandwich was not. I am not going to tell you what it is, but lets just say that I hope you have a very strong stomach and a very good immune system. I am sick of lunches being stolen so this decoy sandwich was placed in the fridge today. I am not surprised that it took you only a matter of hours before taking what was not yours.

Do not take lunches that are not yours or you may be ingesting things which you really do not want to be eating.

Sorry to hear that, GB. I've lost a luch to the fridge phantom too. I hope you were able to find a substitute.

There are a decent amount of places around here to go for lunch, but I had a prime parking space this morning and ended up losing it thanks to the thief. Andy if you have ever been to Maynard by the Old Mill that Digital used to be in then you know why my parking space so was important. I was also trying to save $ by bringing lunch instead of going out so today I lost $ because I had to do both.

I just don't understand who would want to eat someone else's lunch. It boggles my mind.

GB:

I worked at Digital in Maynard for 5-6 years (Parker Street). I know well that parking is at a premium in the mill area.

I guess the thief had learned of your reputation in the culinary field and wanted a really good lunch.

Poor guy probably gets PBJ every day!

What a small world. It is a great building to work in. It has its bad points (very old wooden building that would go up in a heartbeat in a fire, lots of spiders, the aforementioned parking), but man this building has some serious character and so really pretty views.

LOL the thief should have at least waited until I brought in something better for lunch. This was a very boring sandwich that I was not really looking forward to eating at least :)

GB.....forget the note. Make the decoy and surprise the heck out of him/her. Add something really hot and spicy right smack dab in the middle out of eye shot. Take note of who is sweating their you know what off. Or.........what would be even better puck a good amount of hair and put that in there.........yummy!!! Betcha they won't steal your sandwich again and I'm quite sure they won't steal a lunch again.

The problem with actually really leaving a decoy is that we have about 1000 employees on this floor alone. Getting the thief to actually take the decoy would be next to impossible.

Yeah I probably could, but then I have to deal with one more thing to carry in on that long trek through the parking lot. Not so bad right now, but come winter it will be horrible to have to do that.

well if someone steals your lunch again your going to have to make 2 extra treks through the lot to go out to lunch......just a thought :)

thanks Sizz. It is not a bad thought. It is just that I have worked here for 6 years and this has been an ongoing problem, but luckily this is the first time it has happened to me. I figure a note might just gross the person out enough to cut it out. Probably not, but it would give me some satisfaction knowing that maybe they went home feeling sick to their stomach.

GB, I hope you can post that note on the fridge! I love it!
My sister's been at the same hospital facitility for 20 years, and she still has her stuff stolen. It seems the theives like her french vanilla creamer. She even went so far as to staple it shut, write her name on all 4 sides and put it in a bag, and the thieves would take it out of the bag, undo the staples, use the creamer, and put it back in the bag.

I also like Sizz's idea. Can I suggest a mini decadent cheesecake made with 6 Tbsp of ground chipotles?

I had my lunch stolen at a place I used to work. I don't understand that at all. I DON'T WANT anyone else's lunch and don't understand their thinking.

At the risk of grossing everyone out...maybe you could mention you have a young baby at home too GB, that will make them wonder what you put on that sandwich for sure!

Alix said:
At the risk of grossing everyone out...maybe you could mention you have a young baby at home too GB, that will make them wonder what you put on that sandwich for sure!
That was in my original draft, but I decided that would give away too much personal info and I don't want the jerk to know who I am. Great idea though :)

Don't post the note. Bring something you don't have to refrigerate for lunch, and bring a decoy sandwich to put in the refrigerator. Don't put anything that could kill the thief or anything, but a nice pocket of Tabasco in the middle, or a ton of dried granulated garlic would serve him/her right! And he/she couldn't complain about it!

:) Barbara

i say post the note gb. that sucks that someone stole your lunch !!
meanie poo-poo heads :mad: .

i say make a decoy snadwhich with mud and sardines or something like that. as gross as you can make it without actually making that person sick. just gross enough to where he/she would spit it out and think twice about stealing someone else's lunch again.

Before I read all the posts, first thing that came to mind was plenty of red pepper flakes - and see who makes a beeline for the water cooler. I feel for you GeeBee. Think it's sad that someone has to steal food. First instinct is that someone can't afford to buy their own. Know that doesn't help you. But, when it comes to parking spaces (at the studio), if you park in someone else's spot (who shall remain nameless), they'll tidy up your windshield (& make your day) with a baseball bat.

The more subtle(?) approach was a sign that read 35 cars have been towed from this space. Wanna make it 36!

Back
Top Bottom