Cookiefest, what's your favo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
again, good morning...
this must have surely been done by now.
but if not, I'd love to print out recipes from you seasoned vets:chef: regarding your favorite cookies. In hopes of being able to make/bake/freeze/send for various holidays, could you send love via a recipe here of your favorite cookies oh please!

I'd start with my own but am not at home and don't have access to a recipe folder.
I will print out and try those that are chewy and stay that way, extra tender and/or special in flavor, pretty and/or make a nice presentation and/or any other reason they tantillize me. I am thanking you in advance because as you all know, Christmas IS coming:( :ohmy: and want to get a jump on things:wacko:

These were a big hit when I made them for Christmas last year. They're nice and soft with great flavor:

Ricotta Cheese Cookies
1 c softened butter
2 c sugar
1-15 oz container ricotta cheese
1 T vanilla
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
4 c all purpose flour

glaze:
1 c powdered sugar
milk
sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Mix all of the cookie ingredients well until the dough sticks together into a big ball. It will be sticky. Drop by teaspoonfulls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until the bottoms turn golden brown. Let cook for 1 minute and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

In a small saucepan slowly stir milk into powdered sugar until it creates a glaze thin enough to be spread over the cookies. Stir over low heat then spread over cookies. Quickly top with sprinkles.

Makes approx 36 cookies.

Zereh said:
These were a big hit when I made them for Christmas last year. They're nice and soft with great flavor:

Ricotta Cheese Cookies
1 c softened butter
2 c sugar
1-15 oz container ricotta cheese
1 T vanilla
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
4 c all purpose flour

glaze:
1 c powdered sugar
milk
sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Mix all of the cookie ingredients well until the dough sticks together into a big ball. It will be sticky. Drop by teaspoonfulls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until the bottoms turn golden brown. Let cook for 1 minute and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

In a small saucepan slowly stir milk into powdered sugar until it creates a glaze thin enough to be spread over the cookies. Stir over low heat then spread over cookies. Quickly top with sprinkles.

Makes approx 36 cookies.
this sounds like a wonderful cookie. thanks for posting it. I'll be adding it to my future testing of cookies.:mrgreen:

i will gladly post a family recipe for ya. it will have to wait until later today. errands need to be done. house needs to be cleaned etc...

Pistachio, Cranberry and White Chocolate Biscotti

I love Biscotti's and this one is my favorite. The first time I made it my husband told me that he thought it came from a coffee or specialty shop.

2 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of canola oil (yes no butter in this cookie)
2 eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp of almond extract
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of baking powder
1 pack of Nestle White chocolate chips
1 cup of craisins
1 cup of shelled pistachios (salted kind are fine)

In a bowl beat the sugar and oil until light and frothy. Next add the eggs and beat the mixture until light. Then add the extracts, baking powder and flour and stir to combine. Next stir in the craisins and pistachios.

The dough will be really sticky. Oil your hands and then divide the dough into two halves. At this point take the dough halves and place them on a cookie sheet that has a parchment or silpat lined on it. Shape the dough into logs.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Remove the dough and cut it into slices. Place it again on the cookie sheet and bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove and cool completely.

Dissolve the white chocolate chips either in a microwave or a double boiler ( I like the later). Pour the white chocolate in a ziploc bag and drizzle over the biscottis. Allow to cool again for atleast an hour or until the chocolate hardens.

Dip them in coffee or tea and savour especially on a crisp fall weekend.

okay here we go... Brenda's Cocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa or nestle's quick powder
1/2 cup cream
1 stick butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oats
1 teaspoon vanilla

mix all ingrediesnts except peanut butter, oats and vanilla in a saucepan. heat to a boil and boil for 1 minute. remove mixture from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.
drop by spoonfuls onto a greased plate and chill at least 1 hour.

CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES

CREAM TOGETHER

2 1/2 CUPS VEGETABLE SHORTENING WITH 4 CUPS SUGAR

ADD

4 EGGS

1 TABLESPOON VANILLA

1/2 CUP MILK

COMBINE

3 1/2 CUPS FLOUR

1 1/2 CUPS UNSWEETENED COCOA

2 TEASPOON BAKING SODA

1 TEASPOON SALT

ADD TO OTHER MIXTURE

ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS

ADD 1 CUP NUTS IF DESIRED

BAKE AT 350 FOR 10 MINUTES

DO NOT OVERBAKE. COOKIES WILL BE SOFT WHEN TAKEN OUT…BUT WILL FINISH COOKING AND SET AS THEY COOL.

Hope you enjoy these!

My favourites are Gingerbread cookies...
Eggnog cookies.
Cappuchino cookies

etc... etc... and so on...

greetings

tanja

Chocolate Pistachio Hearts

Ooooh, this is another super one! It takes a bit of work, but they look absolutely wonderful and taste even better! I won a prize for these at a cookie exchange one year. We'd ply the men with beer and wine and then send them downstairs to "judge" the entries though ... haha

I've subbed hazlenuts for the pistachios with great results as well.

Chocolate Pistachio Hearts

1 c butter
2/3 c packed brown sugar
1 t vanilla
1 beaten egg
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 finely chopped pistachio nuts

2/4 c semisweet chocolate pieces
1 T shortening
1/4 c ground pistachio nuts

Combine butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat and stir till butter is melted. Remove from heat.

Stir in vanilla. Cool 15 minutes.

Stir in beaten egg, flour and cocoa powder till combined. Stir in chopped pistachios. Cover and chill 30 minutes or until easy to handle.

Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch hearts. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350-degree oven about 9 minutes or until firm. Remove and cool on a wire rack.

Melt together chocolate pieces and shortening in a small, heavy saucepan. Dip half of each heart into the mixture, edge with ground pistachios.

Makes 48 cookies.

Yakuta said:
Pistachio, Cranberry and White Chocolate Biscotti

I love Biscotti's and this one is my favorite. The first time I made it my husband told me that he thought it came from a coffee or specialty shop.

2 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of canola oil (yes no butter in this cookie)
2 eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp of almond extract
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of baking powder
1 pack of Nestle White chocolate chips
1 cup of craisins
**1 cup of shelled pistachios (salted kind are fine)

QUOTE]

attempting these RIGHT NOW, wish me good fortune!:mellow::sick:
**I used chopped walnuts as I didn't have any pistachios and it seems to have worked out just fine.
I did it! They're wonderful, so good, and boy am I ever impressed with myself:glare: . Who knew I could make these gorgeous things. Taking them tomorrow to the airport to give to the crew I'm flying to Calgary on and their staff, plus, a lady at our company for the work she helped me with regarding my tickets. Also made chocolate chip biscotti, Kitchenelfs shortbread and Millionaire brownies for these above mentioned people. I think they're all a hit! Thanks for sharing.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom