Baggie Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callie

Head Chef
This recipe is in a church cookbook from a small town in Kansas. I haven't tried it - but if it works, it looks like it would be great fun for kids! :)

Ice Cream in a Baggie

1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla

In a small Ziploc bag mix ingredients, zip shut. Fill a gallon size Ziploc bag with ice and 6 Tablespoons salt. Place small bag into large bag and zip shut. Shake bag until mixture sets up, about 5 minutes. Remove small bag from large bag, wipe off. ENJOY!

Sounds like fun to me!
I'll have to try it the next time the nephews visit.

Hi Callie,

I'll have Cade try it, he loves making things and this being it's sweet, should be right up his alley:LOL: Thank you...
kadesma

Hi, kadesma!! I thought of you and your boys right away when I saw this! Be sure and let me know if it works...(or not).

I've never seen that. I had seen someone make ice cream in two coffee cans, tho. The ice cream ingredients in a one pound can and the ice and salt in a larger can and roll it back and forth til frozen. I've never tried it - never can think of it when my grandchildren are here.

we have done it in the one pound can, then place the mixture in a 3 pound can with ice and salt around the middle can. The only thing to remember is to tape each lid shut. It can get messy if you don't. Everyone one took part rolling it back and forth and the little ones had fun rolling it up and down the padio to each other like a ball.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom