ISO Bosnian Bread (Lepinja) recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shantihhh

Cook
I am looking for the recipe to make Bosnian Bread also called Lapinja. It is the bread eaten with Cevaps/cevapcici. It is a chewy flat bread about 7" diameter and about 1/2" to 3/4" thick.

We ate this in Bosnia and parts of Croatia and love it. I have learned to make the cevaps using half ground lamb and half ground beef, onion, garlic, vegeta, soda water, pepper, and they are perfect!

Thank you in advance!!!!

Diners Drive-uns and Dives featured Bosnian bread a few nights back and I have yet to find a recipe that will reproduce what I saw as Bosnian bread. It looked like a big English muffin but more bready than crumbly....baking powder rather than yeast or maybe a combination of the two??? I want to try some of it my own self.

Lepinja is made in a number of Balkan countries, here are some we had with spit roast pig we ate in Serbia a few weeks ago, the corn bread muffins shown are called Proja.
Lepinja is mainly for the original hamburger called pljeskavica the bosnians tend to eat it with cevapcici. garden & BBQ 324.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom