Chocolate & Peanut Butter Ribbon Dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zereh

Head Chef
Another from my Mom, I think it came from the Kraft site.

I just popped it into the freezer so I've not tasted the completed deal yet. But I can definitely say that each of the different layers taste great! My friend with a PB fetish is coming over tonight and I figured this would do the trick.

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Ribbon Dessert

12 Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwhich cookies, divided
2 T butter, melted
8-oz cream cheese
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
2 t vanilla
12-oz Cool Whip
2-oz smei-sweet baking chocolate, melted

Crush 8 of the cookies in a baggie. Mix the cookie crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom of a foil-lined 9x5-inch loaf pan.

Mix cream cheese, peanut btter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 3 cups of the Cool Whip.

Spoon 1/2 c of the cream cheese mixture into a small bowl. Stir in melted chocolate until well blended; set aside.

Spoon half the remaining cream cheese mixture over the crumb crust. Top evenly with the chocolate mixture; cover with remaining cream cheese mixture.

Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm. Invert onto plate. Remove foil, then re-invert onto serving platter so the crumb layer is on the bottom. Coursely break the remaining 4 cookies. Top with remaining Cool Whip and cookies.

:heart:
Z

Wish I'd read this before I went
to the store today. Sounds like
a great dessert. Thanks!

What are Nutter Butter sandwiches? and what cookies do you crush? Oh wait...are nutter butters cookies?

Nutter butters are some of the best store bought cookies!! Yummmmers!

OK, we don't have those here. What are they like so I can figure out a suitable substitute?

They are peanut shaped peanutbutter cookies with a
peanut buttery filling.

Constance have you tried them dipped in hot chocolate?? Oh so goooood!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, so I would need to find a peanut butter type cookie to crush up and maybe toss in a little peanut butter too?

OK, I will give it a shot. I am in a baking mood and this tickles my fancy. Now I just have to find some peanut butter cookies when I am out this afternoon.

I'm pretty sure you'll come up with a great dessert!!
I have tons of faith in you.

Now... I'm off to ride my exercise bike. Even reading all these recipes
seems to make my hips and tummy bigger... bummer! lol!!

That recipe sounds so good!! Jkath sent me nutter butter cookies and they were DELICIOUS!!!! I shared the with a couple of close friends and we were all drooling with delight! The incredibly high fat content was a little worrying but we fought through!

Back
Top Bottom