Roasting buckwheat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtrooks

Assistant Cook
Hi,

Does anyone know a good way to roast buckwheat at home? Also, I want to grind the kasha to a coarse consistency - is there a good way to do this without buying a very expensive grain mill?

Thanks,
Jakki

Try just spreading it on a cookie sheet and toasting it on low in your oven until it is the desired colour.

As for grinding it...do you have a coffee grinder? Try that. Just wipe it out carefully before and after.

It sounds so cruel....what did he ever do to you?:mrgreen:

Attachments

• buckwheat.jpg
    buckwheat.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,959
buckwheat rules

Eden Foods, Organic, Buckwheat, Hulled Whole Grain (!) -- my personal favorite ...

Last edited by a moderator:
JT, I did not quite get what you mean by "grinding kasha to coarse ..." You can grind it to medium or fine, but coarse? Or do you mean you get it whole groats? If so, why do you not consider just byuing the consistency you want? Is it not available where you are?

JT, I did not quite get what you mean by "grinding kasha to coarse ..." You can grind it to medium or fine, but coarse? Or do you mean you get it whole groats? If so, why do you not consider just byuing the consistency you want? Is it not available where you are?

I don't think he'll be answering Charlie, he last posted in 2005.

Oops, I saw the post before mine was from "today" but did not paid attention to the beginning of the thread. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom