Who is your fave celebrity chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is your fave celebrity chef?

• Emeril Lagasse

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Jamie Oliver

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Jeff Smith

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Julia Child

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Mario Batali

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Nigella Lawson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rachael Ray

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Other (tell us who and why in the post!)

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
My personal favourite is Jamie Oliver, he really exudes the joy of cooking with his fun-loving spirit, he is creative with his ideas I saw many of his innovations which seemed a little strange but somehow worked. Also his "boy next door" appearance which doesn't resemble any sort of chef sort of gives you the impression "well if he can do that certainly I can too....":) Also when I was little I loved Graham Kerr of Galloping Gourmet fame...
I have been also intrigued by Mario Batali, I haven't read his book or seen his show, but saw some of his recipes on the internet and looks very interesting...

Alton Brown because he explains the science and reason behind how foods react other foods, etc.

Ah yes!! I forgot about Alton!!
40.gif
I saw his show a couple of times I was impressed with his unique approach!! Good call htc!!
Jenny I am ashamed to admit I never heard of any of those 3... I will do some research on them!

I like Jamie, though I haven't seen him in a while.

Paula Dean is my Favorite.
She cooks the food that I love!
She's not afraid to use butter and I
LOVE that!:)

Last edited:
luvs_food said:
my Mother and i get a kick out of her show, pds.

so do Paul and I luvs.
If I ate everything she cooked though.. wow..
I'd be 200 pounds bigger than I am now. :)
I sure would have fun gaining all that weight.

Wolfgang Puck. I've dined at his restaurant & tasting is believing.

Hmmmm. "Celebrity" Chef is an interesting term. First thing that comes to mind is who do you think gives the best performance. IMHO, none of the above.

Graham Kerr gave a good/amusing performance.
Alton - too much information.
Rachael - Please stop draggin' the garbage bag around.
Emeril - Never cared for the cuisine or the "Hollywood" performance.
Julia - Like her. The Master.
Iron Chef - Good entertainment value, however I'd never prepare any of the dishes at home.
Contessa - Good recipes. Would definately try them at home.
Jamie - Don't see many of his shows on cable.
The Italian gal (sorry I forget her name), like her & the recipes & all the mutz-a-relllllla.
Bobby Flay - Not into barbecue - think he needs a softer approach in front of the camera.
Mario - The best on all levels.
East Meets West - Would like to see more of it aired.
Tyler - Great shows. Always takes us to new experiences.
The Surreal Gourmet - Would love to see him. Recipes are entertaining.
Paula - A joy to watch, great recipes, but prefer a lighter cuisine.
Mr. Food - Is cool.

Last edited:
I like Rick Bayless too, though don't see him that often on TV. I think he has shows that might not be on Food Network, but I believe I've seen him as a guest on many shows.

I like different ones at different times. I've used a few of Paula's recipes, but she uses too much mayo, cream cheese, butter and sour cream. When she was on Oprah's show before she got her own, they were talking about her first cookbook. Oprah asked her if she really ate those things. She said "Sure do, honey, I didn't get this way from looking at the pictures". I hate that she tastes with a huge cooking spoon.

licia said:
I've used a few of Paula's recipes, but she uses too much mayo, cream cheese, butter and sour cream. When she was on Oprah's show before she got her own

I bet Oprah was in one of her "FAT STREAKS" while Paula was on her show:ROFLMAO:

In order of preference

Nick Nairn - a Scottish chef
Gordon Ramsay(I think the US may know him from a kitchen reality show)
Lady Claire MacDonald
Rick Stein
Jamie Oliver
Gary Rhodes
Delia Smith
Anton Mosimann
Sean Hill
Antonio Carluccio
Nigella Lawson
I'm sorry, but I don't know any of the American chefs mentioned here, they do not appear on our TV screens.

Last edited:
I love Gordon Ramsay and Ainsley Harriot. I'm with you Ishbel on most of your choices cause I know who they are!! We don't get a lot of US chefs even though we have cable and get a lot of American shows, DH loves American Chopper and Biker Build off.

MrsMac - thanks for the Gordon Ramsay 'heads-up'. I really have a mental block about his name, always seem to refer to him as Gordon RANKIN - because one of my earliest boyfriends was so named!!!

I've eaten at a couple of Ramsay's restaurants in London. He is a WONDERFUL chef!

My daughter loves Ainsley Harriott - she has his book which is for quick meals for the busy working person.... She loves him.

Lady Claire MacDonald is a wonderful cook. She is the wife of the chief of Clan MacDonald, and they have a quite posh small hotel on the Isle of Skye. If ever any of you get over this side of the world, make that one of your 'must visits'.

I would love to got to one of Gordon's restaurants, did you watch Gordon Ramsay's Boiling Point??? I also liked Guess Who's Coming to dinner (or something along those lines) where chefs helped regular people prepare a meal for their friends.
DH and I saw Ainsley do a cooking show here and he was great- such an entertainer as well.

Back
Top Bottom