A year ago, today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
where were you a year ago, today? i was dying. but i survived, i got through it, i learned some things in the process; i learned to not cry if it wasn't so bad, to not whine, but to put up one (explicitive) of a fight if you had to. to sum it up, i learned more things a year ago today than i could have imagined were possible to learn from being ill. it can be depressing, or it can be sad, or it can be a learning experience. i chose to learn from it. it wasn't great, but you have to draw the good from the bad.
so, what was going on in your day around this time last year?

Last edited:
luvs, that's one (explicitive) of a story. :) I personally, am so happy that you came through that fight and survived to be with us here today.

Today is also my Dad's 75th birthday, and I had lunch with him and Mum. About 5 months ago I really didn't think he would be with us on this day (2 major operations, followed by serious complications).

It's true, we do take our health for granted. I also am lucky to have the time to stop and smell the roses - literally, and gaze at the sky and thank someone that I'm alive and well.

So yes, September 19 is a blessed day for us both luvs. :)

And just think, It is a blessed day for all of us because a year ago we didn't know one another :):chef:

Luvs, I had no idea what you went through... and we are all sooooo glad you are now better and happier, and with us!!
6.gif
You are such a strong, courageous girl, I know in my heart that there will be soooo many wonderful things to experience waiting for you in the future!!

Well, as for myself, I am almost at 1 year mark from quitting smoking!!:) Not that I was a heavy smoker just 3-5 a day, but I really wanted to be free of it because it made Cristiano very sad. On my birthday he signed me up for his gym so we could then go work out together, ever since my life took a 180° healthy turn, and I am still going on that direction!!

Still struggling with the death of my mother (cancer) and getting ready to be faced with another traumatic situation....my fathers 1st stroke. He passed away this July from a massive stroke. So needless to say since November 2003 my life has been a roller coaster ride that still hasn't come to a stop. The only advice I can give to others from these experiences is to take one day at a time. He never gives is more than we can handle.

Luvs, you are great!! I'm glad you're here with us.

Let's see.. a year ago today.. I was sitting here in front of my computer
(in my bathrobe) type to all of you! Life has been good and easy and
pretty darn perfect.

i love to read the words of others, and i'm sorry for those of you that were also having a hard time. it's nice to see that some of you weren't having hard days at that time, though!

my year ago today, i forgot to mention that i wasn't yet coherently aware of the fact that i was getting ill at that moment, but that somewhere within myself i knew things were going very wrong. then i looked upon it not so very much later and just wanted to smack myself in the forehead and be like, 'why didn't i just SAY something to someone about it?'. it wasn't until a little later that it got to the point that it really started to take its toll on me.
i'll re-ask this question in the winter and see where you guys were in your lives when i was at the worst point of it all. i'm curious.

Last edited:
You are amazing Luvs, I am so glad you could be with us and share your story. A year ago today (20th Sept. as I type) it was DH's birthday and he was in a job he hated and our marriage was on very rocky ground. Today despite the fact that he has been off for 4months after a motorcycle accident, he has a job he loves and despite a few more hurdles our marriage is really strong and growing. This past year has seen me lose a baby(miscarriage) and my much loved Grandma but it has also seen my infertile cousin have a baby using a donor egg, my children continue to grow healthy and gorgeous and my dad to adjust more to life without my mum. (Mum died in 2002)
I guess we win some we lose some its just our attitude that dictates how they will affect our lives.We make the decision whether or not to be a victim which is something that has taken me quite a few years to realise and change my attitude.
Sorry that all got a bit longwinded.

mrsmac, you are so right - attitude is everything! BIG HUGS to luv and all the rest who have been struggling with life's challenges. You all have made my life richer and I thank each of you! :wub:

Luvs, I still don't know what all happened to you, but, I am personally so glad that you are strong enough to overcome, or you wouldn't be here telling us of your naughty antics growing up and making us laugh!!
I don't remember what was going on a year ago, sad, guess it was boring as ever :eek:)

tex, tee-hee, i hadn't thought of my antics in awhile.:LOL:
~luvs in her car at 2 in the morning, flooring it, waving her fist out the window, shouting, 'woooooooooooooo-hooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' while her Mom and Dad, poor things, probably got really, really mad......:LOL:~

Last edited:
my luvs are my men matthew my 2 years old son and my partner dave.
and its 42 months tomorrow I been with dave i luv him to bits

One year ago????????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :LOL: I'd be lucky if I could remember enough to tell you where I was and what I did Just today.

KAYLINDA said:
The only thing I know about one year ago today is that I was one year younger!

And I had more brains cells than this year. :huh:

Taking care of my DH Paul. He had lung surgery on Sept 10th, 2004- I guess Sept. isn't a good month for him..He is still in the Rehab Home with a fractured femer bone. They said it was a hip bone at first (Dr.'s nurse said it was ) but they found out it is between the hip and knee. He has been gone since Sept. 2nd. No idea when he will come home..they do X-Rays again next thursday.
Marge~Dove

Back
Top Bottom