TNT - Chops in Hot Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aussie girl

Senior Cook
The name of the recipe is somewhat wrong, but in keeping with the original. I would describe the sauce as more tangy than hot.

4 x forequarter chops
1 cup (250 mls) tomato sauce
generous dash of worcestershire sauce
small splash of white vinegar
corn flour (corn starch)
water

Trim excess fat from chops and place in a medium to large saucepan.

In a measuring jug, blend the tomato, worcestershire and vinegar together. In a drinking glass, blend 2 heaped teaspoons corn flour with about 70ml water (I use a medicine glass to measure small quantities).

Add to tomato sauce mixture and stir to combine. Pour sauce over chops.

Gradually bring to boil over medium to low heat, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.

Serve with mashed potatos and vegies, spooning sauce over chops and mashed potato. Serves 2.

If you wanted to add some 'heat' to the sauce, I don't see any problem with adding some chili to taste.

There will likely be some leftover sauce, which can be refrigerated in a screwtop jar for about a week. Makes an excellent topping for sausages and steak. I have also used the leftover sauce in spaghetti bolognaise.

4 x forequarter chops

aussie girl said:
The name of the recipe is somewhat wrong, but in keeping with the original. I would describe the sauce as more tangy than hot.

4 x forequarter chops
1 cup (250 mls) tomato sauce
generous dash of worcestershire sauce
small splash of white vinegar
corn flour (corn starch)
water

Trim excess fat from chops and place in a medium to large saucepan.

In a measuring jug, blend the tomato, worcestershire and vinegar together. In a drinking glass, blend 2 heaped teaspoons corn flour with about 70ml water (I use a medicine glass to measure small quantities).

Add to tomato sauce mixture and stir to combine. Pour sauce over chops.

Gradually bring to boil over medium to low heat, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.

Serve with mashed potatos and vegies, spooning sauce over chops and mashed potato. Serves 2.

If you wanted to add some 'heat' to the sauce, I don't see any problem with adding some chili to taste.

There will likely be some leftover sauce, which can be refrigerated in a screwtop jar for about a week. Makes an excellent topping for sausages and steak. I have also used the leftover sauce in spaghetti bolognaise.

:chef: What is 4 x forequarter chops??

Back
Top Bottom