Adobo Sirloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Oh man, I forgot I had this one. I got this back in Febuary when I was searching for Chipotle recipes like mad. I actually have everything I need for it. Depending on what the weather's like later tonight (I'm expecting rain within the hour), I just might make some of the marinade up and do some steaks. Of course, I severely doubt my family will eat it, as they don't have much of a heat tolerance. Therefore, I'll have to make a little bit of the marinade and just marinate my steak.

Adobo Sirloin
Yields: 4 servings

1 lime, juiced
1 T minced garlic
1 t dried oregano
1 t ground cumin
2 T Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce, minced
Adobo sauce, from the can, to taste
four 8 oz beef sirloin steaks
salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir in Chipotle peppers, and season to taste with Adobo sauce.
Pierce the meat on both sides with a sharp knife, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in a glass dish. Pour lime and Chipotle sauce over meat, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours.
Preheat grill for high heat. Lightly brush grill grate with oil. Place steaks on the grill, and discard marinade. Grill steaks for 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.

Goodweed - I bet you can get the canned chilis in adobo sauce - I don't think the sauce comes by itself. I've got a raspberry chipotle pork roast on here somewhere and it is devine!

Goodweed, check your local grocery stores, in the international aisle. I get a small, 8 oz can of Chipotles pack in Adobo Sauce. The recipe calls for you remove a couple of the peppers, mince them, then add some of the sauce/juice from the can into the marinade.

I'm going to have to finagle it, as I pureed all my chipotles.

Ok, results are in. It was good. Not quite as spicy as I thought it would be. And, what's worse, is that I forgot the salt! Had I salted it, it would have been great!

Allen:

I made this tonight and we really enjoyed it - great flavor. I didn't find it particularly hot but that can be fixed. I think I'll puree the marinade next time.

Thanks for posting the recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom