Looking for a "simple" Stuffed pepper!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earlzach

Assistant Cook
Hello all I found my way back to seek out a simple rice and beef stuffed pepper prep and cooking for dinner tonight. So far I will be white rice. 1lb lean hamburg 4 large peppers (might half them) tomato sauce and fresh cut shrooms.
How would you suggest a taste full prep and cooking time for best resaults. And any other ingredience be sides cheese you would recommend. Thank you and I'll be whatching throughout the day.

Stuffed Peppers

6 green peppers
2 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup catsup
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 can golden mushroom soup
3 slices Velveeta

Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and membranes from the inside. Dip in boiling water until color changes slightly. Remove and drain upside down on paper towls. prepare filling: Cook ground beef and onion till onions are soft and beef is no longer pink. Drain in colander, and mix in bowl with cooked rice, seasonings, and catsup. Taste and adust seasonings. Stuff into peppers and place in appropriate casserole. Press a thick square of Velveeta into the top of each pepper. Spoon golden mushroom over the top, and bake, covered, at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or untill bubbly.

Constance said:
Stuffed Peppers

6 green peppers
2 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup catsup
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 can golden mushroom soup
3 slices Velveeta

Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and membranes from the inside. Dip in boiling water until color changes slightly. Remove and drain upside down on paper towls. prepare filling: Cook ground beef and onion till onions are soft and beef is no longer pink. Drain in colander, and mix in bowl with cooked rice, seasonings, and catsup. Taste and adust seasonings. Stuff into peppers and place in appropriate casserole. Press a thick square of Velveeta into the top of each pepper. Spoon golden mushroom over the top, and bake, covered, at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or untill bubbly.

Would some Ragu over the top hurt this? Or compliment it while baking?

You really don't need any more sauce with the golden mushroom soup. The cheese melts into it and it's so good.
You could substitute the spaghetti sauce for the soup, though.
A friend of mine adds a can of drained diced tomatoes to her stuffed peppers, and that's very good too.

Back
Top Bottom