ISO Caramel Mud Cake Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muffin man

Assistant Cook
Has anybody got a good caramel mud cake recipe that actually works. Gave tried several but they are all pretty crappy. Thanks in advance...

Thanks Amber but I need a mud cake that is caramel not just the normal choc. It's for a wedding cake so it's got to be relly nice thanks for the ideas any way.

To get that carmel flavor you're looking for, use a standard white cake recipe and substitue butter for the oil, and brown sugar for the white sugar. You may also want to use milk instead of water in the batter.

To use butter, just melt it until it's liquid and drizzle in while mixing the matter.

The flavor should fall somewhere between a true caramel and a butterscotch. But then again, butterscotch gets part of its flavor from salt. If you use unsalted butter, your cake will have a more natural caramel flavor.

Also, the amount of brown sugar you use will be slightly more that if you had used white sugar, as the white variety has more sweetening power. I would add an extra 2 tbs. per cup of flour.

Good luck. If you aren't a very experienced cake maker, do a Google search for the recipe. It will give you precise measurements.

Thanks for the advice guy's but I ended up formulating a new recipe & after 2 trial runs have got the recipe perfect for the cake.Thanks again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom