Countertop Convection Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
Hi, I was in a kitchen store yesterday and noticed a small stove top unit from Krups called a countertop convection oven. Does anyone have this model or anything similar?

It's about the size of my current toaster oven so was hoping once the toaster dies to replace it w/ one of these bad boys.

Thoughts? Do they cook evenly? I noticed on the Krups model, you could bake stuff like muffins, creme brulee, etc.
Thanks

htc...I think you're addicted to small kitchen appliances....step away from the convection oven....:LOL:

Seriously, that sounds like a neat little invention!

hahahah, you've caught me jkath!! I'm addicted to ANYTHING kitchen related.:) I told DH that if he catches me spraying our current toaster oven w/ water, just walk away. :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I think one of my favorite (and used at least twice a day) kitchen goodies is my stick blender that doubles as a tiny food chopper.

htc said:
Hi, I was in a kitchen store yesterday and noticed a small stove top unit from Krups called a countertop convection oven. Does anyone have this model or anything similar?

It's about the size of my current toaster oven so was hoping once the toaster dies to replace it w/ one of these bad boys.

Thoughts? Do they cook evenly? I noticed on the Krups model, you could bake stuff like muffins, creme brulee, etc.
Thanks

My mother has one large enough to hold a 13x9 pan. All she's ever done is use it like a small oven. It seems to cook evenly enough, but not any faster that a regular oven. I don't know what brand, but she's had it for a while. The only problem is her electrical service. She has a regular oven, the small oven and a microwave oven and only 2 or the 3 can be used at the same time.

We also use this type of oven, it is Italian made (La Supercalor), looks like a large microwave. It works wonderfully, functionality is just the same as the regular oven, the only problem we have is that when we make pizza, it has to be baked one at a time!!

htc

We have sent your photo to all kitchen stores in the Pacific Northwest and requested that it be posted prominently near the registers, lest you are tempted by yet more countertop appliances!

We are in the process of notifying mail order sources of your compulsion, as well.

We are your friends and we are here to help!:ROFLMAO:

jennyema said:
htc

We have sent your photo to all kitchen stores in the Pacific Northwest and requested that it be posted prominently near the registers, lest you are tempted by yet more countertop appliances!

We are in the process of notifying mail order sources of your compulsion, as well.

We are your friends and we are here to help!:ROFLMAO:

Are you saying there is something wrong with buying countertop appliances! I will have you know that I think there is never enough countertop appliances. I think there is such a thing as not enough countertop. I was looking at a countertop roaster the other day. Hummmm I wonder. I don't think we eat enough roasts for me to get away with adding this to the kitchen. But at the top of my christmas wish list is a filtered kettle and a food processor.

ArticKatt said:
Are you saying there is something wrong with buying countertop appliances! I will have you know that I think there is never enough countertop appliances. I think there is such a thing as not enough countertop. I was looking at a countertop roaster the other day. Hummmm I wonder. I don't think we eat enough roasts for me to get away with adding this to the kitchen. But at the top of my christmas wish list is a filtered kettle and a food processor.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You could add slightly more countertop by getting rid of your stove and going totally countertop-cooking!

Please ... no one show these people that countertop turkey fryer!

WHAT??? There is a countertop turkey fryer???? Ok, be right back...heading to the store as we speak. ArticKatt, I'll pick one up for you too!!!:ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I understand, if it's shiny and metal you have to have it!

Well, this proves that men aren't the only gadget freaks in the world.

I have a farberware counter top convection oven. My mother bought it 20 years ago at least. I use it as she did: once or twice a year for large gatherings. She found it made a great roast beef.

The rest of the year it sits in the basement

Last edited:
HUmmmmmmm I could do without a oven what with all those neet countertop convection ovens and stuff some of them are pretty big. but I need a stove top. but you know we don't need a dinning room table hummmm no one in this house understands the way I feel. I would be happy with a Kitchen a bathroom and a bed. Mind you I would likely also be 400 lbs. LOL I am working on losing weight and now with a diabetic in the house its getting a bit harder I am working with unsweetened chocolate today. trying to get it to taste good and be smooth enough for truffles. I am sweeting it with stevia. OH I would love so many nice things to make life easier a chocolate tempper (spelling) would be nice as well. Choclate everyone in this house understands chocolate

Last edited:
htc, I thought of you yesterday when I heard an ad on the radio. They said "kitchen appliances are the jewelry of your kitchen". Well said! And, I'm thinking you have enough "jewelry" as the Queen!

jkath, in those terms, I really want major BLING BLING. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

BTW, I hit the jackpot this weekend...My granny let me stop by and raid her kitchen because she's moving. I picked up a bunch of old fashione really nice Tupperware...and the real brand name too, not like my fake-y stuff. :) She also gave me a big pot for soup, a roasting pan, a salad shooter (I've always loved this but never bought one) and a bigger crockpot!!!

Yippeeee!!! I can actually make Crewsk's mac/cheese in a crockpot w/o my crockpot overfilling now!! :LOL:
I don't think I can fit anything else in my cabinets.

Oh boy. I'm wiping my eyes with a tissue as I write this message. Sad but true, I am one of many, as I see htc is, a member of countertop appliances anonymous, or CAA as we fondly refer to it. Alas, the only thing that will save me is eventually I'll run out of counter space and I'll either have to give up my addiction, redo my kitchen adding more countertops, or move. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

I, again like htc, am looking for a really good toaster-convection oven. There's just the 2 of us, well 3 if you count our dog, and I hate heating up the everyday oven when I don't have to, especially in our hot, humid, Georgia summers. Right now I have a DeLonghi Jet Rotisserie. The timer doesn't work and I didn't see that it took any less time than my conventional oven.

Anyone have any success or positive experiences with any? I also didn't want to spend an arm and a leg!

Thanks y'all.

Back
Top Bottom