Harpoon Oktoberfest in Boston, Ma!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lugaru

Sous Chef
So who else is going? It's not usually my type of thing (I like to sit down in a bar and enjoy my pints) but I won some free tickets in the "Bukowskis pen and pint" contest. Anyway's any one else going this friday? They boast beer, live music, bratwursts and german food.

If so I'll see you there!

Oh man I wish I could go! I have way too many other things going on this weekend, but I expect to hear a full report on Monday!

Where is it? Someone told me that Harpoon was on the water near the concert place and Jimmy's. I'm around there all the time but I have no idea where it is.

If you go, make sure you sit near the tv so as to watch the game!

Well I am a big DODO, as I drive around that area all the time and still do not recall seeing it. :wacko:

I remember drinking a beer at my health club (oxymoron, I know) very near there with a friend that tried to get me to goto this last year.

Lugaru, please don't be late, the "chicken dancing" begins at 7:30! :LOL:

I visited the Harpoon Brewery in Vermont this summer for the Vt. state BBQ championship. That was a good time, but, alas, no chicken dancing.:(

Andy M., I competed at Harpooin this year, as I have done the last 3 or 4 years. It's the New England Regional BBQ championship and one of the best run BBQ contests in the northeast. If you are interested in becoming a BBQ judge or competitor, or just want to get involved in local BBQ, visit the New England BBQ Society website http://www.nebs.org/.

We run BBQ cooking classes, judging classes, a mentoring program, and have "roadtrips" where members just go eat BBQ somewhere in the area. Great bunch of people and a lot of fun.'

Lee

i love oktoberfest. we have one around here and it's a good time. beer, food, music, people you haven't seen in awhile..... :) my guy is out of state, but i'd see if he wanted to go up there if he was in town just for something to do.

I did some pretty heavy chicken dancing. Something about the umpa music reminds me of mexican "banda".

Anyway's the two highlights are the Marzen (march) beer put out by harpoon (crisp, strong, clean, lovely) and the bratwurst samples which you can hit on every visit to the bathroom.

Buenas noches! I had about 6 beers too many so it's time for bed.

Back
Top Bottom