California Residents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Mish, jkath, and the rest of you that I can't remember off the top of my head...stay safe and post to let us know you are safe. I am thinking of you all.

Things are fine here, just hot (high 90s). The nearest blaze isn't that near. It's between here and my husband's work, but it's not one of the big ones.

Thanks Sierra. Everything's okay. Appreciate the good thoughts.

I know Old Coot's in Long Beach, so he's far from the fires, another is in Huntington Beach (I want to call him Brian, but I know that's not it....), so he's okay.....

I am in Quartz Hill, a small town in the Antelope Valley region of California. I am northeast of the major fires though we get them in the foothills here every year as well. Last year we had one burn right into Palmdale, a nearby city of 150,000 people.

Just waiting for the foothills to be set ablaze in their annual fires this year and hoping it doesn't reach the desert floor where the fires have reached very high speeds in spreading. One desert fire took out my uncles house about 10 years ago the entire house was gone in 3 minutes because the fire was so hot and moving so fast.

((To see where I live, look on any map of California. There will be a triangle shaped plateau north of Los Angeles. I live near the point of the triangle.))

Back
Top Bottom