Pumpkin Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Anyone taste Pumpkin Beer before? Sure does taste like pumpkin and since it is different, I do like it. Don't think it is healthy or anything like that but it is made with pumpkin. Local brewery here has it. We questioned the sediment in the bottom and they said they could not do anything about that. We should try shaking gentley when we drink it. Just curious.

I've seen pumpkin beer every fall - haven't tried it yet - although we've tried "dead guy ale" for halloween...!
As for the sediment - the mandarin hefeweisen that I drink (from trader joe's) also has a sediment. I don't mind it one bit, but my husband won't drink it because of it. I wasn't thinking and shook up the bottle, so as to stir the sediment, and then opened it....all over the kitchen! Whoops!

We look forward to fall when the pumpkin beers start coming out. Some are better than others of course. There is a brew pub in the town my wife used to live that makes a fantastic pumpkin ale. I will have to take here there this year to get some. Last year she was pregnant so she missed out.

Some do and some don't. I have had so many and they are as varied as any other type of beer you might have had. Some just have a little nutmeg in them and others have all sorts of things. Some have just a hint of pumpkin and others taste like you are drinking a pumpkin pie. Personally I like the ones that have a somewhat subtle pumpkin taste with a little bite of spice. Go to a liquor store that carries a good selection of micro brews or a good brew pub and you are sure to find quite a few to choose from.

Well, now I'm on a mission....heh heh...
I really have acquired a taste for beer, and as I said months ago to RonJohn, I think one of the major beer companies needs to market a beer for women (as most are aimed toward men - think Budweiser bikini models). They need to have a Vanilla Beer. I've thought this for a long time. Actually, it came about 3 years ago when I put some vanilla torani syrup into my beer and it was great!
Okay, I'm done hijacking the thread.

Back to Pumpkin talk!

The closest beer for woman that I have seen is blueberry beer. All the woman that I know really enjoy it, but most of the men think it is usually too sweet or fruity. I have had some real good ones that were not sweet at all, but those are hard to find. There was even a brew pub here that had a great blueberry beer that had just a hint of blueberry, but they put a spoonful of berries in the glass with was surprisingly excellent.

About 2 hours north of Santa Barbara is San Luis Obispo. I've been up there many times for various reasons, one being SLO Brewery. They make a blueberry ale that is absolutely wonderful! Fortunately, around here, I can find some of their goodies, but unfortunately, not the blueberry.
I think I need to go on a beer quest. Gee, I wonder if my husband will join me (hee hee!)

I'm sorry, guys. All I can think of in reading this thread is Harry Potter and the pumpkin juice the Hogwarts students are so fond of.

Pumpkin Beer??? :sick:

Gramma pie, baked pumpkin, boiled pumpkin, Pumpkin Soup and Pumpkin wine are great, but pumpkin beer!!!

They'd hang people here in Oz for that. :LOL:

You guys have too much spare time on your hands.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Whew!

I thought everyone would think I was strange! I need your response and I thank you for the time. The Pumpkin Beer is being sold like crazy at the regular store I go to. Had to go to two others and find it. Just because I know it is limited for short time, we HAVE to have it. Guess we are kind of greedy to some degree. It just reminds me of Fall and I do like that time of year. jkath, I too, am interested in different beer here lately. I know there are some health benefits as I was told by my OB doctor to drink beer when I nursed my babies. I don't know if I have this 'extra' around my middle from the beer or the babies. I just have like two waistlines and try to pull my pants up more. Having beer for women is really good idea. I am sure it would be a hit as women like to have something only for them. Vanilla sounds good but not in this Pumpkin Beer. Never saw Blueberry either. Sounds pretty good.

In the Kitchen said:
I thought everyone would think I was strange! ..................... Vanilla sounds good but not in this Pumpkin Beer. Never saw Blueberry either. Sounds pretty good.

Vanilla beer, pumpkin beer, blueberry beer........... :dizzy: :eek: :cry:

Surely there is something that you are trying to tells us ITK.

As for thinking you are strange, certainly not.
Addled - maybe, a touch insane - possibly, but not strange. :wacko:

I'm thinking ITK is like us - passionate about her foods!

Now that we've chatted so much about the pumpkin beer, I've looked twice at the store and both times they've been out of it! fine thing!

Do You Believe?

I went to Whole Foods AGAIN! Can't stay away from there. I am so impressed by the display of the produce. Everything looks like a picture and the people are just loading their baskets. All the prices are generally higher than where I shop. I often wonder if they look at the price. I walked past the liqour (is that considered healthy? department and they had huge display of Pumpkin Beer. Now that price was the same as my grocery store.

jkath I appreciate all your recipes. You have made my family happy many many times. Glad you approve of my Pumpkin Beer. It is sure different. I am still looking for the beer for Women Only! If anyone will find it you will. I thank you for letting us know where to get things. Thanks for sharing.

Brooksy!

Brooksy said:
Vanilla beer, pumpkin beer, blueberry beer........... :dizzy: :eek: :cry:

Surely there is something that you are trying to tells us ITK.

As for thinking you are strange, certainly not.
Addled - maybe, a touch insane - possibly, but not strange. :wacko:

You got this right Brooksy. I got good company if you are here. You made my day! What about you? Like Pumpkin Beer? Maybe that is what causes me to act this way. But I like it.

:shock: If I drank, I would have to hunt down every flavour of beer mentioned here. Never was a beer fan (short of using it in recipes), but these are soooo interesting, blueberry beer in particular.

Back
Top Bottom