Hi, I'm new here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dona

Assistant Cook
I just happened across your community and it looks very inviting. I love to cook and collect recipies, I'm trying to stop buying cookbooks, I'm out of room! My name is Dona and I'm a cookbook junkie! I live in Fort Worth, Texas and the temp is finally out of the 100's. This is what we consider Fall. Hello to all.:chef:

Hi fellow Texan:)
Isn't the weather finally wonderful, for now, anyway. Never know what it's going to do, channel 5 says lower and mid 90's, 4 says mid and upper 80's:wacko:
I'll be glad when it's in the 60's and 70's, that's perfect to me!Now, if I could just get some rain over here in Tawakoni!!
I love snow too, maybe we will get some of that, but, it'll probably be ice again:mad: :LOL:
Hope you love it here as much as the rest of us do!!

4.gif

Thank you Texas

Well it was almost cool for a couple days anyway! Back to the real world. Just crank that AC up and pretend it's Fall. Thanks for the hello,
Dona

Dona said:
My name is Dona and I'm a cookbook junkie!
HI DONA :)
Seriously though, welcome to the site. We are so happy you found us. You are going to love it here I am sure. You are among fellow cookbook and cooking junkies LOL.

Wonderful photos

What beautiful pics. I recently was in Costa Rica and my digital camera was stolen.:( I hope to replace it soon cause I love to take pictures, of grandkids, cakes, whatever.
Thank you for the lovely welcome.
Dona

Hello Dona, and welcome to our family!
You are sure to find the most delectible recipes you can imagine here - just ask, and no doubt someone around here has what you need.
I'm sure you've noticed that we all like to chat, so feel free to chime in as often as you can. We're really glad you are here!

Welcome! I just brought home two new cookbooks yesterday. Hubby said "don't you have enough??" How can one explain that there's never enough?

Have a great time here.

Well of COURSE

You need another cookbook. I'm currently lusting after "No Need to Knead". Just can't have too many cookbooks.
Thanks for the kind welcome.
Dona

WELCOME DONA, WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME, PLEASE GRAB A CUP OF JOE, SIT DOWN AND PREPARE TO LIVE WITH US HERE. WELCOME WELCOME!
P.S. DON'T PAY ANY MIND TO THOSE WHO SAY MAIDRITE IS A JOKESTER ! :LOL:
WELCOME AGAIN JAMES:LOL:

Welcom Dona,

you've come to a great place..Everyone, is helpful, kind and full of fun...We not only share recipes, we share a special bond with each other...Glad you wiill now be part of it.
kadesma:)

Welcome Dona, I love collecting cookbooks too. We have a series called Australian Womens Weekly cookbooks and I love them. Before I had children I would get each new one as it came out and always had the whole set but not its a treat sometimes!

Oh No! Not another Texan! What with Michael and the other boys & gals around here, us poor Northerners don't stand a chance. I can just hear it now; "We got burgers bigger than yer upper peninsula." Why, I think I'll just mosey on over to Dallaa, and that little store there that has more kinds of peppers than the entire state of Michigan, and more kinds of shrooms, etc. etc."

Woe is me.

Ha!

But seriously, I've had and have some very good freinds from Texas. I learned to ride a horse from a Texan. I learned to sharpen a knife from a Texan. And there are two quality souls from the Lone Star state than have given such sound and straight advice, and who have been such warm freinds to all, that I can't help but expect great things from you as well.

There's only one Texan whom I knew while searving in the U.S. Navy that I wondered about. He rode bulls for fun, in ameteur rodeos. I rode dirt-bikes for fun on the hills and trails of Southern California. He said I was nuts to get on one of those suicide machines. I replied then, and would still say that he was the crazy person. That bull wants to hurt you. My bike may have thrown me, but not of its own free will. And once I was off of it, it never tried to stomp on my head!

Nope, just can't see myself riding bulls. Just because I accidently rode my bike off of a thirty foot cliff once...:rolleyes:

I may like to poke fun at Texans, but I surely do respect y'all. Welcome to the best place on the web for Texans, Michiganders, Georgians, Italians, and everybody else under the sun.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Hi to you Dragonfly..

What a nice place! Everyone seems so welcoming and fun. Even to Texans...just kidding. I've never been on a horse in my life so I'm no cowgirl, but I do have lots of friends with horses. Fort Worth is called Cowtown and I do like to go to the rodeo every year. Here it's called the Fat Stock Show. That's in January. That's about as close as I get to horses.

Back
Top Bottom