REC: Meatloaf cordon bleu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
2 eggs
1/4 cup minced parsley
1/4 bread crumbs
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Tarragon
1 tsp. dried mustard
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
1 tbls. butter
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
2 oz. chopped smoked ham

Preheat to 350
Beat eggs in large bowl. Add 2 Tbls. parsley, bread crumbs, broth, garlic, salt, tarragon, mustard and pepper. Beat until well mixed. Mix in beef. Set aside.
Saute onion in butter until soft. Blend cheese, ham, remaining parsley and onions in medium bowl.
Set aside.
Divide meat mixture into two equal parts. Pat one part into loaf pan. Spread cheese mixture on top of beef. Top with remaining beef mixture and pat down to cover.
Bake 45 minutes. Drain off fat. Bake an additional 30 minutes.

I had to add this, totally forgot. Keep the cheese mixture from the edges of the meat on the bottom layer. When adding to top layer of meat, start on the edges and then fill the center so that the meat will form a pocket around the the cheese mixture. The first time I did this and drained the grease, some of the cheese came out too.

Last edited:
I've never heard of this! But, it sounds like something I'd really like! Thanks so much, Texas!!!

(PS - ever had mexican meatloaf? You put a lot of drained salsa and taco seasoning in it, and then serve with avocado slices, sour cream, cheese and a black olive on top of each serving)

No, I haven't, Jkath. Thanks, maybe my youngest will like that. He hates meatloaf, but he likes tacos.

there you go! (wish I had a recipe, but it's more of an "off the top of my head" kind of thing. That's why I love meatloaf - very forgiving!)
Another addition he may like - crumble fritos on top!

Back
Top Bottom