The Ultimate Cookie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
What is the biggest fan favourite in your house? In ours it is my oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. I make a 4 liter bucket full and they last about 3 days if we are lucky. Here's my recipe.

1 cup margarine
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla

Soften the margarine in the microwave, add the brown sugar and cream together. Add the eggs one at a time, toss in the vanilla. Mix until smooth.

2 cups oatmeal
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Toss these into the wet ingredients and stir to combine.

3/4 cup coconut
2 cups chocolate chips

Stir these in at the end.

Drop by spoonfuls or use a #2 cookie scoop. Makes 5 dozen.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until golden.

A #2 scoop is a 2 oz scoop I believe. I could be out to lunch here, but that is what mine says. Pampered chef has different sized scoops for making cookies and muffins etc. This will give you the idea.

img_175075_0_b28440802e792de41bb41da29739449e.jpg

Alix;
If you take that recipe, and omit adding the coconut and chocolate chips, you have a crisp topping for coblers and crisps, like apple crisp. You can also add spices such as nutmeg and cinnamon to your recipe. It also goes great over a pumpkin custard, as in the stuf you use for pumpkin pie.

You have a very versatile recipe that can be used for everything from ice-cream topping (once its been baked), to the topping on many baked deserts, and for cookies. You could even alter it just a bit to make granola.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, I missed your post on here. Thanks for the advice about this recipe. I am sure lots of folks will be happy to hear how versatile this is. As for me though, it will remain cookies only. LOL, when I make crisps/cobblers I "wing it" for measurements.

I hadn't thought about granola. I haven't made that in years. I think I may have to see if anyone has good recipes to share.

wonder why one could subsitute for the coconut. Family doesn't like coconut

Debbie, just add a little more oatmeal or try some crushed cornflakes. Makes for a fun crunch.

Back
Top Bottom