All new appliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonflyD

Assistant Cook
I am getting all new appliances for my newly remodeled kitchen. Thinking about getting all kitchenaid stuff. I looked at alot of different brands. I really like kitchenaid. Does anyone have any other brands that they prefer?

DragonflyD:mrgreen:

Oh you are so lucky!! I don't know much about major appliances but maybe someone will come along who's done some of the research and has a preference. Hope you take pictures!

My wife and I remodeled about 3-1/2 years ago and our project involved gutting the whole kitchen, and redoing everything from the floor to the ceiling. When it came to appliances, the only KitchenAid item we bought was our dishwasher. We chose a Frigidaire glasstop range, and an Amana fridge with the freezer on the bottom. After many years I have come to the conclusion that there will always be something about almost every appliance that I would like to see different, but we have been mostly happy with our choices, and they didn't break the bank to buy. I'd say that I am most satisfied with the range, with how easy it is to cook on and how easy it is to keep clean. The KA dishwasher has room for most everything, and most important, it is whisper quiet. Not everything dries thoroughly (plastic in particular), but it also doesn't melt plastic items on the bottom rack, so IMO, that is a plus.

We did not buy at a discount retailer (Best Buy or similar), but at a local mid range dealer called Lefty Martin's. The whole lot cost under $4000 (including an Amana microwave/range hood), so we feel that we got good value for what we spent. I'd be inclined to shop around before making a purchase that you may have to live with for some time... :)

Back
Top Bottom