Baked Chicken with Creamy Herb Sauce (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Baked Chicken with Herbs

1 frying chicken, cut up, or desired pieces (I just use skinless boneless chicken breast)
5 Tbsp butter (or half evoo and half butter)
3 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp ea thyme, rosemary, and sage (Alix, you could omit the rosemary if you wanted, but it's not very strong with the other herbs)
2 1/2 c milk
1 Tbsp ea parsley and chives

(All herbs are dried)

Brown chicken in Tbsp evoo or butter. Remove to 1 1/2 qt casserole. Melt remaining butter in skillet and add flour. Add remaining ingredients. Cook until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Pour over chicken and bake, uncovered, at 325 for about 50 minutes (30 for boneless).

Great served with mashed potatoes (they taste great with the extra sauce!).

I've also, after browning, sliced the chicken breasts about 3/4 of the way through lenghtwise and stuffed them with thawed and drained chopped spinach. DH hates spinach (or anything that may possibly have touched spinach!) so I don't do that very often!

Last edited:
These are the same ingredients that I use when making chicken fricasse. Only I usually do it on the stove. And I add big dumplings in the last half hour. The sauce is wonderful with the dumplings!! Also on rice!! Will have to make this in the oven like your recipe!!!

Thanks PA. I will leave the rosemary in. I use it, just SPARINGLY. I find it is easy to overpower a dish with rosemary. Thanks for remembering!

Back
Top Bottom