Please help with Cinnamon Waffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiveFastDiePretty

Assistant Cook
I want to make cinnamon waffles, but someone said you have to add sugar with the cinnamon. is this true?

Last edited:
LiveFastDiePretty said:
I want to make cinnamon waffles, but someone said you have to add sugar with the cinnamon. is this true?

Hi there LFDP, welcome to DC! :)

I can't see any reason why you can't just add regular cinnamon to your waffle batter, that's what I do for my apple spice waffles and pancakes.

Add the Cinnamon to your floor. That should make it yummy and I love to add nutmeg as well to waffles and Ginger is a nice spice as well and if you add them to your floor I see no reason to add sugar. In this house we don't use much sugar as there is a diabetic and me trying to lose weight. Start with a small amount till you find out how much you like to use.

thanks

Thanks for the welcome, you guys. My waffles are turning out great. Now I have a good place to go with my questions about cooking.

Welcome to DC.

See you've gotten some good advice, but if you're interested here's a recipe for:

CHOCOLATE-CINNAMON TOAST

For the chocolate-cinnamon mixture, combine 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a small bowl. This will be enough for about 8 slices of toast, so once it’s mixed together put it in a small jar with a lid and store what you don’t use right away in the jar (tightly sealed) in a cool cupboard.

For each piece of chocolate-cinnamon toast, butter a slice of bread and put it on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle a rounded teaspoon of the chocolate mixture over each slice of buttered bread and spread it out evenly with a knife.

Pop the cookie sheet into the broiler or a toaster oven, a few inches from the heat source. But watch the toast VERY carefully. It only takes a minute or so for the butter and sugar and cocoa to melt and the top of the bread to toast slightly. Turn the cookie sheet around if the bread isn’t toasting evenly. But don’t let the chocolate mixture burn.

EXTRA TIP: Some cooks suggest toasting the bread BEFORE buttering it, then adding the chocolate mixture to the toast and broiling it. You might want to try it that way, too.

I'm interested Mish :LOL: Thanks! I've never had cinnamon toast done this way...one to try for sure as the temperature drops.

IC, it's a little departure from my usual method. It's TOAST! :ROFLMAO: (j/k)

burnttoasthangingonclothesline.jpg

mish said:
IC, it's a little departure from my usual method. It's TOAST! :ROFLMAO: (j/k)

burnttoasthangingonclothesline.jpg

LOL :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I usually just toast the bread in the toaster, then butter it and sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on free-hand style :mrgreen: But who can argue with more ways to get cocoa powder on to the breakfast menu :ROFLMAO:

I knew I was doing something wrong. :ROFLMAO:

Thought it was a handy-dandy tip to make up the mixture to keep on hand in a little jar, for "later" Later?, HA.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me too

Yeah, I definitly need to try that. It sounds really good. My boyfriend and I are trying to get a place of our own and I'm going to need recipes like that if I'm going to try to settle down and cook for my man, ya know? If you have any more good recipe ideas, I would love any suggestions anyone has because I am trying to buckle down in the culinary world because I notice more and more everyday that the family scene no longer exists, and I don't want my future family to end up eating tv dinners in front of the tv. I want to be able to provide scrumptious meals served at the dinner table like in the good ole days.

LiveFastDiePretty said:
Yeah, I definitly need to try that. It sounds really good. My boyfriend and I are trying to get a place of our own and I'm going to need recipes like that if I'm going to try to settle down and cook for my man, ya know? If you have any more good recipe ideas, I would love any suggestions anyone has because I am trying to buckle down in the culinary world because I notice more and more everyday that the family scene no longer exists, and I don't want my future family to end up eating tv dinners in front of the tv. I want to be able to provide scrumptious meals served at the dinner table like in the good ole days.
That's really awesome of you, I'm sure your BF will appreciate the effort! Perhaps he'll even join you in the fun of meal prep :mrgreen: What are your favourite types of recipes - around here it's usually a wonderful "ask and you yee shall recieve" sort of system. We'd all luv to help you grown your recipe collection and learn more about the art of cooking! :)

Back
Top Bottom