Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chocoholic

Senior Cook
DeLIcious :-p

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Pie

Ingredients:
1 (18-oz.) pkg. refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup water
1 cup milk or semisweet chocolate chips, melted

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut cookie dough into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices in bottom of ungreased 10- or 9-inch springform pan. With floured fingers, press dough evenly to form crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
In medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and water; mix well. (If necessary, add additional water 1 teaspoon at a time until mixture is smooth.)
Drop spoonfuls of mixture over baked crust; press evenly to cover crust. Spread melted chocolate chips over peanut butter mixture. If desired, carefully swirl chocolate with fork. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
Yield: 8 servings.

Your messages are making me so hungry I am almost knawing on my own hand, Chocoholic. Sent DH out to rustle up dinner, and I'm famished (mind you if you weren't hungrey before, spending a few minutes on DC always perks up my tummy!)

Yummm it sounds great. I Had a recipe for Peanut butter chcocolate chocolate chip cookies. I loved them but I worked hard on that recipe. it was an origional and I devoloped it for a friend. I was sure I had printed off the reicpe and put it in my binder but Its not there and I know I posted it a few places online but guess what. I do searchs all the time and have never found it. they were glutton free and sugar free and so so good. OH well maybe I will think about your pie it sure sounds good but I am on a diet. LOL maybe for the next pot luck I am invited to. My friend can no longer find the recipe either she has moved a few times since I devoloped the recipe as I have myself.

middie said:
what's that ? is that the sweet sound of angels singing ??
i do think so !!!! thanks choco !!!!!!!
:angel: LOL Middie!!!! :ROFLMAO: Yes, sometimes chocolate feels like a little nibble of heaven!

Short little poem by...me! :mrgreen:

Life is like a meal you eat,
You're empty when beginning.
You dig into the main dish first
And feel that you are winning.
But alas, in every meal
Vegetables are included.
And things like spinach and brussel sprouts
Soon make you feel uprooted.
However, mixed with broccoli
You'll find a yummy peach
To help you know that finishing
Is not quite out of reach.
And finally, at the very end,
You'll find out heaven's taste
When you bite into some sweetness
And meet chocolate face to face.

Chocoholic said:
Short little poem by...me! :mrgreen:

Life is like a meal you eat,
You're empty when beginning.
You dig into the main dish first
And feel that you are winning.
But alas, in every meal
Vegetables are included.
And things like spinach and brussel sprouts
Soon make you feel uprooted.
However, mixed with broccoli
You'll find a yummy peach
To help you know that finishing
Is not quite out of reach.
And finally, at the very end,
You'll find out heaven's taste
When you bite into some sweetness
And meet chocolate face to face.

Fantastic poem!!
! Did you just write that on the fly? We could make it the unoffical DC anthem :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom