Peanut Butter Cups (cupcakes)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chocoholic

Senior Cook
Peanut Butter Cups

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all purpose or unbleached flour
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/3 cup shortening
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
24 miniature milk chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
In large bowl, combine all ingredients except for peanut butter cups; blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Press 1 peanut butter cup into batter in each muffin cup until top edge of candy is even with top of batter.
Bake at 350 for 18 to 28 minutes or until tops spring back when touched lightly in center. Serve warm or cool.

Yield: 24 cupcakes.

Around here.. they'd never last long enough to get cool. We'd eat them as soon as the came out of the oven.

You're on a recipe roll today !! Thank you!!!

I am drooling over this recipe! Something about Halloween time and peanut butter cups go hand in hand for me! Thank-you Chocoholic!

24 miniature milk chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, unwrappe
What do you figure that would equal in standard size cups? (I found one store that sells them!!! That made my week when that discovery happened! :mrgreen:) Perhaps 7-8 regular sized ones?

I would take each reg. sized one and cute it in to three pieces...
3 x 8 is 24.

mrsmac said:
What could you do if you lived in a country with no peanut butter cups???????????
The one place that I found them was a large candy store. Perhaps they would have them in a similar place in your area?

When I was a (a lot) younger I worked in a candy store for a while and people were forever asking for certain candy. Turned out if I passed the request on to the corporation (it was a chain) they would often have it sent to us to carry. So it never hurts to ask.

Failing that perhaps you could find them online. Good luck mrsmac, everyone has my deepest sympathy when it comes to not being able to find certain prodcuts :angel:

Back
Top Bottom