Beer Marinated Grilled Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Oh man, does this sound good! I may have to go get some beer to try this! I'm not sure how much it actually yields, but you should end up getting a little over 3 c of marinade. I'm not sure how many steaks that will marinate.

Beer Marinated Grilled Steak
Yields:

12 oz beer (lager style)
½ c soy sauce
¼ c vinegar
¼ c ketchup
2 T coarse ground Dijon mustard
2 T minced garlic
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T hot pepper sauce
¼ c olive oil
1 T freshly ground pepper
1 t salt

Place steak in a resealable bag. In a bowl mix together all the marinade ingredients and pour over steak. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
Preheat your grill, and when the grill is ready, cook the steaks to desired doneness.

That sound SOOOO good

I love to marinate, especially if I am grilliing. I love the recipe, I will have to try that soon. I use beer alot with my cooking. My favorite to use is MGD, I like the flavor it gives to the food. Try it with a hamburger sometime, be careful though they become very brittle after a while so lift cafefully. Thank You.

I know we have marinated 2-3 steaks in it, but not sure how many more we could get in. Guess it depends on the size of the steak.

Several DC members have tried this as love it.
It really makes for a good steak.

Allen, here's how I've made it my favorite marinade:

Beer marinade (after Raine posted it and then jkath got to it)

12 oz beer (lager style) *I use Grant's Mandarin Hefeweisen
1/2 cup soy sauce *I use light
1/4 cup vinegar *I use balsamic
1/4 cup ketchup
2 T coarse ground Dijon mustard *I use Roquefort Dijon
2 T minced garlic
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T hot pepper sauce *I use "Marie Sharp's" brand
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T freshly ground pepper
1 t salt

Place steak in a resealable bag. In a bowl mix together all the marinade ingredients and pour over steak. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. (*I prefer to put the steaks into a large pyrex dish and cover - this way there's no need to turn, as they're covered completely) They are amazing on the grill! Also, if you really want to get a little daring, make an extra amount of the marinade and don't use it in the steaks. Rather, cook a roux of flour and butter in a small saucepan till it looks like play-dough and then slowly stir in the marinade. It makes a great gravy over mashed potatoes!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom