Burnt Marshmallow Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Allright. Now some of you are going to say "You're a madman!" with this one, while some of you will say "You're a genius!" It all depend on whether you have fond memories of burning marshmallows over a campfire as a child. I have those memories.

This cooikie tastes just like burnt marshmallows and is especially good when dipped in milk. I made them as an experiment, trying to see if sugar cookies could be cooked on a griddle. The answer is, absolutley not, unless you like burnt marshmallows that is. Here's how you make 'em.

Ingredients:
1 cube unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup shite sugar
1tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 large egg

Combine sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla. Stir with a whisk until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until blended.

Heat griddle to medium (same temperature that you'd cook pancakes at). Place two tbs. of the cookie dough onto the griddle. You can make larger or smaller as you desire. Cook on one side until lightly scorched. Turn over and cook until again slightly scorched. Remove to a plate. Repeat until all of the cookie dough is used up. Serve with ice cold milk.

These cookies are impossible to flip until the sugar carmalizes and scorches, giving the cooked surface sufficient body to hold the cookie together. That's how I ended up scorching them. And you know me, I just have this rule. If I make it, I have to at least try it. I did so and was amazed that the burnt cookie tasted just like those marshmallows that I used to flame in the campfires of my early years. But the bonus is that there is no ash to float into the "wrong hole", and make you cough like crazy.

I'm looking forward to seeing what responses I get to this one. I thnk I must be a bit crazy to post it. But you no what they say, "No guts, no glory":mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I have 2 questions. First, what is the amount of 1 cube of butter (1Tbsp)? Secondly, what is shite sugar? I've never heard of it. I love burnt marshmallows & have been known to roast them over a candle at my kitchen table!

I know we've asked the question about a cube of butter before and I don't remember either! I think shite sugar is supposed to be white sugar.:)

There's that typo stuff again. Indeed, shite is suppoed to be white, same finger on the keyboard, different row.:rolleyes:

Yeah and I meant a stick of butter. I'm such a kluts on the keboard.:cool:

And you know that I'm not helping anybody's health with this recipe. Make at your own risk (lots of fat and sugar here kids):ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

now I can eat marshmallows everyday!Thank u sooo MUCH for sharing ur recipes!!!!!!You're the best, Goodweed of the North!

Does it need oil when cooking in griddle?

Last edited:
Zameera said:
does it need oil when cooking in griddle?

All cooking surfaces require oil before cooking on them, even teflon and other non-stick coatins. But it doesn't require much. Just put a tsp. of oil on the cooking surface, and spread it with a paper towel until the entire surface is covered by a thin film.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom