REC Chocolate Chip Torte

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
One we've had several times and really like. Hope you will too.

This is going to look awful when you take it out of the oven, it will be cracked,but, you will put whipped cream and toasted coconut on the top and nobody will ever know:LOL:
2-1/2c. graham cracker crumbs
1/2c. melted butter
1/2c. chopped nuts ( I use walnuts)
7-egg whites
1-1/2c. sugar
1-tea. cream of tartar
1-c. chocolate chips
1-c. whipping cream
1/2c. toasted coconut
Preheat oven to 275
Toss together crumbs,butter and nuts, til blended.Press into bottom of 9x13 pan
Beat egg white and cream of tartar til they stand in droopy peaks;continue beating as you slowly add the sugar. Beat til meringue is soft, fluffly and slightly runny. It doesn't have to stand in peaks and should be and the consistency of sour cream. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spread over the crumb crust and bake 1-1/2 hours It will rise and crack the top will brown lightly. Remove from oven and let cool to room temp. Beat the cream adding a little sugar and vanilla to taste, spread over torte, sprinkle on the toasted coconut..
ENJOY
Makes about 12-16 servings...
kadesma:)

Now Texas,

you make it and have just a leeetle piece :LOL: I t is good and the girls have been asking for it again.. Sooo most likely sunday will be the day :wacko: Hey, love you new Halloween avatar, it's darling. Will have to show Cade when he gets back from Disneyland...And I had to stay home because of jury duty SOB, Sob, whine:LOL:
kadesma

You have to stay home for jury duty? They make you sit and wait to find out, for how long? Heck, we go there, we either get called in or told to go home. Sometimes we have to sit there all day, but, once the day is done, so are we :eek:) But, we can be called within 6 months again.

Oooooh, this looks SO good! I'm copying, pasting, and adding to my grocery list!:)

Kadesma, I'm glad you don't have jury duty! In PA, they select jurors from active voting records, and would you believe that in all these years, even though I've voted in every election, I've never been called for jury duty?!? (watch! I probably just jinxed myself! :wacko: )

texasgirl said:
You have to stay home for jury duty? They make you sit and wait to find out, for how long? Heck, we go there, we either get called in or told to go home. Sometimes we have to sit there all day, but, once the day is done, so are we :eek:) But, we can be called within 6 months again.
I had to either look on the net or call the courthouse on friday. At that time they said to look or call again on monday to see if they needed me at 1 today...When I looked it said we were excused til further written notice, which is a 2 year break..once called you don't get called again for 2 years...Thank heaven!!!
kadesma, snacking on Mish's punpkin bread :)

Thanks Pa, we really like it...I sure hope you didn't jinx yourself, the last thing you need is a tiny baby and a jury summons!!!! I got out of it for years, I just showed up at the courthouse with both my boys in tow, and let them do in the ladies desk as she asked my why I didn't leave them with a baby sitter!!! Something I refused to do, only my folks babysat for the boys and that was it...So I was never called til years later...Wonder why:LOL:

kadesma

If I make this my grandchildren will NEVER go home!!They all seem to be sweetaholics with a definite chocolate dependency.

Well then I better make it every weekend :LOL: I hate it when the kids leave for home, but my body says Ahhhh as I sink to the sofa:ROFLMAO: My kids and grandkids all love chocolate...so most things I make are chocolate...Me, I love lemon anything..

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom