Chicken with Pesto SAuce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
REC:Creamy honey pesto chicken

Hi lyndalou,

This is my (and DH's) very favourite way to make pesto chicken, forgive me for not giving you completely exact quantities, I've never measured when I make this dish :)

Creamy honey pesto chicken

4 small or two very big chicken breasts (or equal amounts of turkey breast), boness and skinless, chopped into bite size pieces of thin slices

2-3 tbsp of homemade or good quality pesto

Creme fraiche (about 4 tbsp)

a drizzle of honey (I use liquid honey)

In a non-stick pan cook the chicken until it is done (over medium-high heat; season with salt and pepper, garlic salt, basil, pasrley - whatever you like (that will not steal away from the flavour of the pesto).

Once the chicken pieces are cooked, reduce the heat and stir in the pesto sauce so that it coats all the chicken breast pieces. Next stir in the creme fraiche and cook for about 3-4 minutes, so that the sauce begins to reduce and thicken. Drizzle a little honey and taste the sauce to see if it is to your liking in terms of sweetness and spices/herbs.

Once you are satisfied with the flavours, and the sauce has reduced a bit plate the chicken along side pasta, rice, potatoes & green beans (a classic pesto combo) or anything you like.

~Enjoy~

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom