Another (PA) Baby Shower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just wondering the other day when your baby would be due... how close are you?? I have never been a mother and probably never will be so I don't have any practical advice that I can share, but I just know that you will be a wonderful mother Stacey!! And I wish you all the very very bestust!!

Thanks, Licia! I'm due three weeks from today, November 15!!!:) So as my hubby keeps pointing out, it could be any time now (like I need a reminder!:LOL: )!

I bet you are very excited! Maybe you've gotten this advice already but sleep as much as you can now, almost like you're stocking up. Something that saved me with Aidan is sleeping whenever he was sleeping. Even just laying down while your daughter is will help refresh you.
Are you getting a little uncomfortable? I still have 7 weeks until the "big day" and I already feel like I'd be happy if he/she came out now. This baby is a rib kicker, especially when I'm trying to sleep. My first pregnancy I could have stayed pregnant forever, he was so easy, but this one I am more anxious for.
Your husband keeps reminding you it could be any day now so I will say good luck before I miss my chance! I hope everything with the delivery goes smooth and everyone is happy and healthy!

as a new mom myself,i would advise you to sleep as much as you can:) ,because once the baby comes,there will be times when u will be dying to just lie down and go to sleep,but your lil one will keep you awake....but dont worry you will still love your baby:LOL:

Maidrite said:
Lets see I think I am the only one for this ! :chef:

Oh the most important thing ! " I LOVE MY DAD" GOES ON THE FRONT AND THE BACK ! of all the clothes, It suckers us guys into thinking we have to do something to help take care of the Baby !:LOL: :huh:

Here's Barbara and My Gift !

Where is the space for the buggy? For the diapers? For the travel bed? Or is it with a hitch? :mrgreen:

Corazon and Sarah, I'd give anything to be able to sleep now but it's getting harder and harder. I'm so uncomfortable and she's so active. There's no "perfect" sleep position for the two of us so I'm lucky if I get 4 hours a night!:rolleyes:

Whenever hubby says he's had a good night sleep I remind him that since he's more well-rested now he can have more night shifts when I have the baby!:ROFLMAO:

PA Baker said:
Whenever hubby says he's had a good night sleep I remind him that since he's more well-rested now he can have more night shifts when I have the baby!:ROFLMAO:

Good for you PA! Maybe try taking some cat naps during the times when she's usually quiet. When I was pregnant with Aidan I noticed getting in the shower always put him to sleep. After I'd get out and be able to lie down for a bit.

Have you tried Sleeping laid back in a Lazyboy type of Chair I have heard it greatly helps with sleep when you are close. I can't promise this but it is a thought ! Let me know if you have tried or how it works out.

corazon, forgive me - I totally forgot you were expecting too!

For both you and PA, I want you to remember that babies are God's way of saying the world should go on.

For the new babies, when you are born, Mommy will also get some new Mom-radar. She will know when you need to be changed, hugged, or fed just by the sound of your cry. But please don't cry when Mommy is trying to talk to her friends on DC. You will be the most important thing in her life, but sometimes even Mommy needs a break from you. It will just be for a little while, I promise.

PA Baker said:
Corazon and Sarah, I'd give anything to be able to sleep now but it's getting harder and harder. I'm so uncomfortable and she's so active. There's no "perfect" sleep position for the two of us so I'm lucky if I get 4 hours a night!:rolleyes:

i totally know what you are talking about PA,i used to have a hard time sleeping in my later months too,i couldnt lay on my back at all,though thats how i like to sleep otherwise,i couldnt breath that way,my baby was very much active too,even when i finally used to fall asleep after a great deal of tossing and turning,i could feel her moving and kicking,sometimes she kicked so hard ,i would wake up thinking theres an earth quake,:) ,well i took ambiens in my last month,couldnt sleep without taking one...have you tried taking some sleeping pills?

Heres a tip for you ladies.....try sleeping in a rocker. During the day when YOU are active it lulls the baby....at night your sleepy and since your not active any more the baby is no longer lulled....and every once in a while, push that knee foot elbow right back where it came from. I can SO remember the odd odd feeling that brought on. It was the worst feeling ever but boy do I miss it!

"What to Expect when your expecting, the first year, and the toddlers years" are life savers if any! My kids are now dang 8 (I did say 7 first then remembered!) and soon to be 5 and I still refer to the toddler one.....ok maybe I just dont want them to grow up!

The best advice ws sleep when your baby does, no matter if your tired or not! Just lay down and rest. The dishes just aint going anywhere, contrary to "The dish that ran away with the spoon!" We all wish, but they really can wait! Trust me on this.

The next best advice I can give you....Having a baby can be VERY frustrating...When you feel at your wits end, DONT be afraid to lay the baby in her crib till you calm down. Babies have an inner sense and KNOW when mommy or daddy are frustrated....crying has never hurt any baby as far as I know, and it will do you a world of good rather then to fight wills! Its hard to do, but once you do it, you feel better and the baby comes relaxed when she senses your relaxed! Not only that but this will help when the baby is older. Well maybe not for all but it did with my son. I certainly wish I had the same gump with my daughter now, and if you knew my daughter you would understand where I am coming from.

But I have blabbed enough....oh and um....you know the 25th is an excellent day for both of you! Its a Friday you know.....and well its a good day to have a baby! hehe

Enjoy your new bundles of joy when the day comes!!!

I've been thinking about this for a while. I think the best advice has already been given, sleep when they sleep etc. What I wish someone had told me is about a trick to get them to stay asleep in their cribs.

I always nursed my babies to sleep, and as they got bigger we sang, read stories and just snuggled in the rocker. When they are getting ready for sleep put a hot water bottle, or heating pad on the spot that they will occupy in their crib/basket/bassinet. That way, when they are finished nursing and are fast asleep you can whisk away the heating pad/water bottle and place them onto that warm spot. They will then not notice they are not snuggled up to you anymore and will slumber on peacefully.

Alix what a great idea! I am going to start using that right away.

OK here is another piece of advice that I just remembered. When putting the baby down for a nap, do not turn off the TV in the living room. Do not turn off the radio in the kitchen. Do not tell people to leave because the baby needs quiet to sleep. The baby will get used to sleeping with noises all around very quickly and it will make your life that much easier. I am sure this does not work with every baby, but at least try it in the beginning and see if your baby will sleep through the noise.

PA Baker said:

Hey PA, do you have a body pillow? It was the only way I could sleep near the end. I would jam that pillow under my belly and between my knees and sort of roll onto it so I was almost lying on my belly/right side. I know many women who swear by their body pillows in the last few weeks. Just remember, that discomfort is God's way of making you WANT to stop being pregnant!

I've tried pillows gallore, a recliner, you name it, but I think I just have a night owl.:rolleyes: She was all over the place all last night no matter what position I tried! I got about 2 hours of sleep and then this morning she was as quiet as could be. Actually so quiet I got nervous and called the doctor. They checked me out and all is well and she's back to her normal activity level again! My doctor said it's preparation for the next 18 years!

LOL--you're right, Alix, this is definitely a good way to start looking forward to the pregnancy being over!:)

I guess my biggest piece of advice would be to go with your gut feeling about things. Whether it's when she's sick, discipline, feeding, or whatever it may be. Have faith in your ability & she will have a full happy life!

there is someone else who gave birth to a "little" son ;o))

On October 28th, lady elephant Khaing Hnin Hnin gave birth to her baby: A really splendid one with fuzzy black hair, 98 cm tall, 141 kilo.
Happy birthday!

Ele_Baby_2_Netz.jpg

(c) by http://www.zoo-hannover.de

:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom