Halloween Parties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Who is throwing/going to a Halloween party? Any interesting ideas out there? I'm going to two of them. I think I'll make BIG batch of negi maki, since it's the kind of dish that my real local Midwest friends will like (one party) but will also appeal to the more cosmopolitan group of the other party, so I can make a big batch and split it up.

I am so burned out on costumes though. Hubby has me agreeing to resurrecting a Mardi Gras costume, and he's resurrecting a Red Green costume from a few years ago. But I swear, next year I'm just buying Halloween T-shirts. My imagination is dead on the costume front.

I wish I were throwing a Halloween party! But as it stands we've not gotten any invites yet either, so it might just be the two of us! Interestingly the 31st of October is what is known as a "Bank Holiday" here in Ireland (something akin to a civic holiday in North America) and we don't have to work!!! :mrgreen:

I'm planning a big Halloween menu for the two of us, in fact I think I'll start the spooky eats on Friday night and keep them going through out the weekend. I'd love any ideas that you guys have?

ani-bat-64x56.gif

We went to a paty last evening and had a ball. I dressed in a black slip with words such as ego, alter ego, super ego, men, women, personalities, etc. written on it with acrylic paint. I had a black t-shirt and hose with heels. I was a Freudian slip. Not original, I saw it done somewhere, but it was a hit.

We were supposed to go to a party tonight... but
we are recovering from one too many Mexican beers.
Home and the couch sound mighty good to us.

Hey, Piccolina, I am Irish, and I work at a bank, but I do not get Monday off!!!! Seriously pouting now......

Oh, dearie me. Survived party #1 in spite of too much fun Friday night. Made nege maki to bring. Meant to make one huge batch so I'd have enough for party #2 tonight. Hope to have my ducks in line this afternoon!

Back
Top Bottom