Baggette Baking Pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pckouris

Senior Cook
I am in need of information before purchasing baggette pans for baking French and Italian breads.

I am just wondering what kind of materials I should consider?
What sizes? And from which manufacture? And are the pans coated?

Stuff like that, I guess.

Pete, I am not sure you need anything but a cookie sheet to make baguettes. You just roll the dough and place them on the sheets. I could be totally out to lunch here, but that is how I have always done it.

Moved to the cookware/bakeware forum since this is not an actual request to purchase baguette pans that someone may want to sell. :chef:

Click here to see two options - either of which looks ok. If I ever let my guard down and try to make bread I would go with one of these pans.

Well I find that with a cookie sheet my baggettes flatten a bit too much, and that is what I was trying avoid.

Pete, I have one of those pans,it just sits and collects dust, I make french bread often as well as baguettes, and just put them on a cookie sheet..they will flatten some. You just need to watch closely at the second rise...If there is to much air the bread is going to flatten or even just go really flat..If I feel the bread is overly high I punch it down and let it rise again, and each rise is faster than the last..Just keep watch on it..If you look at most long loaves of french and baguettes they are not to round and high...give free form a try, it works and it's a lot cheaper too:LOL: Hope this helps you a little.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom