REC: Parmesan Pork Tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
With our (DH & I) recent choice to stop buying/eating poultry (due to the bird virus) I am on the hunt for plenty of poultry alternative recipes (I'd take a stab and guess that I am not alone on this one :)), and just found this one which I think sounds delicious!

Parmesan Pork Tenderloin

pc0024.gif

Prep: 10 min, Cook: 10 min.

• 1 lb. pork tenderloins, cut crosswise into 1 inch slices
  • 3 Tbs. seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 small onion\cooked, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup steak sauce or ketchup (optional)
Place each slice of tenderloin on its cut surface and flatten with heel of hand to 1/2 inch thickness.
Combine crumbs, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste in a shallow dish.
Dredge pork slices to coat. Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Sauté
pork, onion and garlic 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until pork is cooked through.
Serve with steak sauce.

Per serving: calories 217, fat 7.2g, 31% calories from fat, cholesterol 73mg, protein 27.4g, carbohydrates 9.2g, fiber 0.9g, sugar 1.8g, sodium 449mg, diet points 5.3.

Piccolina :) I like the sound of this one too..A little different than what I've done before and I wager it's great tasting..Since I have a frozen tenderloin,,,We shall be trying it soon.Thanks for a new idea.

kadesma

I'll have to dig it up, but we've been making something similar for Christmas about every other year lately. We just do the whole tenderloin with this rub and it's great.

p.s. I got the recipe out of our local electric cooperative magazine.

Back
Top Bottom