Yakuta's mango ice cream-cant find the recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
i saw it somewhere on the forum a few days ago,but cant find it now,i wonder where is it?it was a real good recipe...

Sarah, not sure how long was it when I posted that. Here is the general recipe and it works very well with lychees too which is a favorite in my house.

Recipe makes one large container (I normally use a glass pyrex 9X11 pan with cover to freeze it).

1 large container of heavy cream ( I am not sure how many pints that is)
2 large bottles of half and half
1 can of condensed milk
1 can of mango puree ( I use Ratna Alphonso pulp because it's available around the year. In summer I substitute it with fresh mangoes)

Place the half and half mixture in a pan along with the condensed milk and cook it down by a 1/4. The condensed milk should be completely dissolved in the half and half. Now add the heavy cream to it and allow it to simmer for another 10 minutes or so.

Let the mixture cool completely. Add the mango puree (I normally use 3/4's of a can of the mango pulp) or canned lychees if you are using that instead and then blend it with the milk mixture using a hand blender (use a deep pan to do this so it's easy). The handblender will also help beat air into the mixture and will make the icecream lighter in texture.

Now pour this blended mixture into the pyrex or any other pan or container (or multiple containers). Cover it and place it in the freezer for 2 -3 hours. Then remove it and break the ice crystals with a large wooden spoon. Place it in the freezer again. Remove it once more after a couple of hours and break the icecrystals again. Now put a saran wrap on the surface of the icecream, cover and forget about it.

Remove it from the freezer 30 minutes or so before you serve so that it gets softer.

Ohhhh, that looks marvellous! I'm so glad that you brought up the subject Sarah, and that you reposted your TNT mango ice cream recipe Yakuta, thank-you so much! I would love a big bowl of this for dessert tonight. I'm glad to know that fresh mangos can be used, they are way eaiser for me to get a hold of :)

thanx yakuta! i'm really craving mango ice cream these days,it has always been my favorite one,used to eat a lot back home,but havent had it here,they dont make it here:( .i used to make it a long time ago,the recipe i used ,uses eggs too,it was a good recipe,but i would like to try yours now.

Piccolina!i'm sure you will love it,theres something magical about mangoes,u will addicted to it once u eat it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom