White Chocolate Roses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chocoholic

Senior Cook
White Chocolate Roses

Ingredients:
4 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating
2 tablespoons corn syrup

In small saucepan over low heat, melt the candy coating, stirring constantly until smooth. Stir in the corn syrup; cool. Wrap mixture in plastic wrap; let stand at least 4 hours or overnight.
Knead mixture until smooth. Shape mixture into about forty to fifty 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on 2 waxed paper-lined cookie sheets. Press balls with fingers to flatten into circles. Cover with waxed paper. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes for easier handling.
To form rose, roll 1 of the small circles tightly to form center. Build on center to form outer petals by wrapping remaining circles around center, overlapping slightly. Press together at base. Curl out tops of outer edges like rose petals. Roses can be made in various sizes. Flatten bottom slightly; refrigerate until firm. Place on dessert, or store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to use. 15 to 20 roses.

Thanks for this recipe. I wish I felt confident enough to try it. Do you happen to have any pictures of this?

That's such a lovely idea Chocoholic, I've seen them done on wedding cakes but have yet to make them myself. I've made flowers (including roses) out of both royal icing and marzipan but not white chocolate.

Alix I went googling and found this pic of white chocolate rose, perhaps it is a bit like what this recipe would look like upon completion :) - Sooooo beautiful!

cp_classicdetail.jpg

Where do I find vanilla flavored candy coating. Is this the same thing as almond bark or white chocolate chips. I guess I am confused by the terminology. I would love to try this out especially given the only chocolate I eat is white but I don't know where to find these ingredients.

Yakuta said:
Where do I find vanilla flavored candy coating. Is this the same thing as almond bark or white chocolate chips. I guess I am confused by the terminology. I would love to try this out especially given the only chocolate I eat is white but I don't know where to find these ingredients.

Yes, the white almond bark is the same. I think the white choc. chips are more like white chocolate, but, I'm not 100% sure.

Yakuta said:

Around here they can be found in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips for cookies. The craft stores have candy making sections and carry them in colors so it you want to make red white chocolate roses, you don't have to color the white (vanilla) candy coating yourself. for someone like me, the candy coating is easier to use.

Oh my gosh, those look so pretty...and it sounds good too! But there's no way I could ever do it right. I would have to practice SEVERAL times!! :huh:

But then you'd get to eat them because you can't waste the white chocolate! A good reason to practice, I'd say.

Thank you terry and devine for the info. I know where to get almond bark. I will surely get some and try my hands at this. It actually seems like a project but I used to make roses with clay and these sound pretty similar (good part is that they are edible and my kids can enjoy them although boys don't care much about roses :)).

Back
Top Bottom