Member's Mark Stainless Steel cookware - Reprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RajunCajun

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I'm looking at getting some new SS cookware. I saw the Member's Mark pans at Sam's and the price would seem hard to beat.

I reviewed the other threads on the board regarding these pans. I know a few people had similar questions and some even purchased them, but I didn't find any "this stuff rocks!" or "this stuff s*cks!" comments.

So...for anyone that has bought and used the Member's Mark SS pans, how are they working out?

Thanks!!!
Paul

Members Mark Stainless - Best Kept Secret!

RajunCajun said:
Hello,

I'm looking at getting some new SS cookware. I saw the Member's Mark pans at Sam's and the price would seem hard to beat.

I reviewed the other threads on the board regarding these pans. I know a few people had similar questions and some even purchased them, but I didn't find any "this stuff rocks!" or "this stuff s*cks!" comments.

So...for anyone that has bought and used the Member's Mark SS pans, how are they working out?

Thanks!!!
Paul

The Members Mark Tri Ply Clad Cookware from Sam's is actually Tramontina private labeled for Sam's. Consumer Reports recently rated them extremely highly (in fact, above All-Clad Master Chef and Copper Core!) When you consider that the cost of the set is just $3.00 shy of what All-Clad gets for their 12" open fry pan alone, this is an absolute no brainer. I own an extensive set of Tramontina Tri Ply Clad Stainless and can find no difference in the cooking performance between them and the All-Clad I have owned. The appearance, finish and quality of construction is virtually identical. One difference I did note is that the Members Mark is polished inside and out rather than the brushed satin interior finish that is becoming more common. A number of the open stock Tramontina pieces I have purchased share this same interior mirror finish and although I had some early reservations about this (possible scratching) I find I really do like this finish (less food sticking).

Is there bad news? Well kind of. No Member Mark open stock pieces for this set. But then the set is pretty complete. If you do need some open stock pieces you can always visit TJ Maxx, Marshals or Home Goods who always have Tramontina TryPly Clad pieces available at really reasonable prices. Hope this has helped.

Yes, I've seen Tramontina on QVC, but trust me when I tell you that the prices at Home Goods, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's are far lower for open stock. Recently purchased the 12" 5 qt Jumbo cooker with lid for an amazing $39.99 threre.

Hi Paul,
We just rec'd a full set of Member's Mark stainless steel pots/pans for the holidays. I am testing a few out to see how I like them and will let you know. I just made a pot of hot cocoa in the small saucepan, so far so good...

Back
Top Bottom