Looking for Oatmeal cookies with molasses recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
I lost my recipe for Oatmeal cookies that called for molasses and I'm wondering if anyone has it, or a similar one. Would you please post it here? Thanks a million.

Dina

This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but I found this in my files.

Oatmeal Bars
Yield: approximately 12 bars

1 t ground cinnamon
1 ½ c all-purpose flour
½ t salt, or to taste
½ t baking powder
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ c molasses
½ c granulated sugar
1 egg
¾ c uncooked rolled oats
½ c raisins
½ c butterscotch chips
½ c chopped walnuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9 x 13” baking pan. Sift the dry ingredients together and set aside. In an electric mixer cream the butter, molasses and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and add the reserved dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in oats, raisins, nuts and chips. Spread dough in an even layer on prepared pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes then carefully cut into bars approximately 3” square. Remove bars from pan and allow to cool completely.

I just did a quickie search on ichef.com (you can search by title as well as ingredient, really speeds things along) and came up with this one. It sounds really good.

Amish Oatmeal Cookies
Yields: 60 cookies

1 ½ c raisins
1 c nuts
6 c flour
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
1 t ground nutmeg
1 t ground cinnamon
1 ½ c shortening
3 c sugar
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 T baking soda
1 c buttermilk
½ c molasses
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 375°F. In a food processor or blender, grind raisins and nuts; set aside. In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Cut in shortening then stir in the raisin mixture, sugar, and quick cooking oats; stir well.
In a separate bowl, dissolve baking soda in buttermilk. Add molasses and 2 eggs to baking soda mixture, stir until blended. Blend in buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and beat with an electric mixer at low speed until completely mixed. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets. Dust the bottom of a glass with flour and flatten each cookie. Brush the tops of the cookies with beaten egg then bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom