water!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Did you ever wake up and have no water? Well, if you did you know the misery we are having today. The toilet sounded like it broke and water pressure is down to trickle. Who can live without this necessity? As usual, the water company can't give me explanation. Will send someone out to check it. Everybody going out of here without shower. Good thing deodorant. They ususally have clean hair but what do you do? No warning or anything. Starts the day off right.

well.. that sounds really bad.... :huh: I can`t believe, they don't have a reason for that.. Is your house the only one? What is with the neighbours? Do they still have water? Maybe you can go there for a shower?

The day after (yes, really not a general "day after" :mrgreen:) we moved into the place where we live now the plumbing broke in our only bathroom...Trust me, I'll spare you the horrific details but it was not just the toilet that was out of service, or should I say backed up. It was likely broken before we got there...:glare: Anyhoo it took at least 4 different plumbers and 2 weeks before the landlord got it fixed up! I was not a happy camper on any level!!! As it meant finding other places to bath and so forth!!! To this day (over 4 months later) I am still hesitant everytime I flush!

I second what Cara said, if you can try to find out if this problem is affecting everyone on your street, and stand your ground when you call the water company. You've got tons of sympthy from me! I hope it gets cleared up ASAP!!

We live in the country and have a well. I tell my dh if he died I would have to move immediately because there are so many things I couldn't fix - the well pump, the irrigation system, the yard equipment, any of the plumbing. The worst thing that happened to us was Christmas Day 1989. We had an ice storm like nothing we'd ever seen. Our water pump was frozen and we were having lots of company - and all the stores were closed. Dh found an old pump from a friend and set it up so we had water. The next day he had to go buy a new one. I certainly had lots of butterflies that morning.

ITK - I'm so sorry! I'd rather go without electricity than water...I hope it gets fixed SOON!!!

Grateful

It is after 12 and they got it fixed. I haven't a clue what it was. I asked them and they said they would find out what happened and let me know. Sure they will! If only there was some form of retaliation when you are without some kind of utility. Without water is what I consider torture. As you said flushing the toilet is just not something to take for granted. 2 weeks would be something considered mental torture. At least, this is not what we did. I am past the worry of having someone throw a toy down the toilet. We want to maintain our sanity here if we can. I just hope it works tomorrow. Who knows? Thanks for understanding. I hope your days are normal. Sure strange, I keep drinking water more than I did yesterday. Maybe good thing.

Update

I don't like it if i don't find out outcome of some kind of problem. Just after everything done in kitchen, took shower and ready to sit and read my book when the doorbell rings. It is after 8 and nobody here but me. i thought some salesman or someone lost. Nope it is the waterman. I asked if he had identification? He said on his shirt. I told him everything was fine and thanks for checking after losing control this morning. He said he was sorry I missed my coffee and I wondered why he said that I told him I wasn't in bad mood now but should have been here this morning. I asked him what happened? Like you said, water main break. I said what about tomorrow should I save some water? He said he hoped not. Have good evening. So they must hear my complaints just that everything seems so long. I have to try to remember patience. I lose everytime. sorry.

thanks for comments, I needed them!

We woke up without water a couple of days last winter (yes, frozen pipes). I definitely would do without electricity rather than without water. When we were on the road our hoses froze fairly often. It isn't fun. It was always my own fault; if it was the utilities' I'd be furious.

Back
Top Bottom