Do Your Best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masteraznchefjr

Sous Chef
Is it true that if you try at something really hard no matter where you are that the best of things will occur?

Im trying hard to persue the culinary career, but im a little scared of the future.

I understand your fears. Although it may be small comfort, it's normal to experience some apprehension in a new endeavor. We've all been there to a greater or lesser extent.

It's clear from your posts here that food and cooking are important to you. You are fortunate to be able to pursue a career in an area you love. Most people don't have that.

Hang in. If you press on with a positive attitude, you will succeed.

Yeah Me Too

IVE BEEN IN THE BUISNESS FOR OVER 20 YEARS, AND I RECENTLY LEFT A CORP. KITCHEN THAT I SUOSED FOR FOR OVER 5 YEARS, FOR JUST THE CHANCE TO WORK IN A KITCHEN THAT I COULD R&D IN. AND IM TERRIFIED! BUT I ALSO BELIEVE THAT IF YOU OPEN YOUR MIND AND WORK AS HARD AS YOU CAN, AND LEARN FROM EVERYONE, AND I MEAN EVERYONE!!!, EVERYDAY, THAN THIS WILL BE THE BEST RIDE YOU CAN IMAGINE. REMEMBER TO TREAT WITH RESPECT, FOR YOULL ALLWAYS BE A FNG TO SOMEONE. GOOD LUCK, AND FEEL FREE TO DROP IN AND SAY HELLO. :devilish:

I don't work in the food industry, but my thought is that if you go into ANY job thinking without at least a degree of concern or apprehension, you may be somewhat over confident and it may be a problem. No matter what the new situation is, we don't know everything about it and must re-learn some of the ropes. Some of it would only be pressure to try your best.

I thought that samething when I decided to have a career in forestry. I am making the right decision? What will my future be? I am glad that I kept with my original decision. I cannot imagine working in another profession. I bet that you feel the same. Keep plowing a head with your studies and sharpening of your culinary skills. As your skills and confidence grows the apprehension will lessen.

I couldn't agree with licia more! You clearly have a love for what you're learning so use that apprehension as motivation to keep learning and improving. You're entering a competitive industry so I honestly thing that the way you are feeling can be used to your advantage to motivate yourself and stay at the head of the pack.

From what you've told us, it sounds like you're doing great so far!:chef:

jr., remember all those cool pictures of food you made BEFORE you even started this cooking school? Have some confidence - you will do fine.

Back
Top Bottom