So.. has the time change messed everyone up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
There is hardly anyone here this morning.
I was up at 5 am,:mad:
I was on for a little while and went back and tried to sleep some more. All of 30 minutes:wacko:

I like this one where we gain an hour in the day. Wasn't there a proposal a few months back in regards to stopping daylight savings time or moving it... something about how much oil it would save.... faintly remember it.

Oh darn! I got up at 6 AM..not 7.

Just like in the Rehab Home. Nothing to do so I was going to sleep early..like 8PM so I would be out in the hall at 2:30 using my walker to strengthen my hip. Usually it was 4:30 though.I'd go in and take my "little washcloth bath" (too much info. huh..) put on my face, dress and walk to the dining room (154 steps) pluck a little flower of one of the tables..put it behind my left ear (right Wasabi?) stop at our Lounge and one of the gals would bring me cup of coffee while the rest of the "residents" woke up.

Marge
---------didn't mean to change the subject --------

shannon in KS said:
I like this one where we gain an hour in the day. Wasn't there a proposal a few months back in regards to stopping daylight savings time or moving it... something about how much oil it would save.... faintly remember it.
By 2007 DST will be extended about 1 month or so. I'd think I'd prefer just staying on DAT all year.

hahahaha! I did the same thing, looked at the clock- which of course will truly not reflect the actual time of the day until I have to set my alarm this evening- got up, then thought, WAIT! IT IS REALLY 7:30, and was doin' cartwheels and a nosedive back under the covers wooohoooooo! It is nice though now, my bathroom clock is correct, cause I never changed it last time around. We have many different timezones in our house, depending on which room you are in.... :ROFLMAO: Rebels, we are.....

I actually got more stuff done this morning - made another batch of roasted red pepper sauce, made some oatmeal-dried cranberry bar cookies, dug up a flower bed and put some new dirt down for next spring, re-organized a cabinet (so many more to go........).

I like daylight savings time.

I'd like to stay on DST all year. This "falling back" only helps me to drive to work in the light of morning for about a week, and then it's just as dark as it has been again. And the idea of it being pitch black at 5:00 has never appealed to me. I like DST and I'm glad it will be extended by several weeks in 2007.

BC

By the way, I counted as I changed clocks. I changed 26 timepieces of different types either last night or this morning. That includes cell phones and automobile clocks. That's a lot of clocks.

BlueCat said:
By the way, I counted as I changed clocks. I changed 26 timepieces of different types either last night or this morning. That includes cell phones and automobile clocks. That's a lot of clocks.

:LOL: You're right - that's a LOT of clocks!

26!?!?! WOW! The only important clocks to me are my alarm clock and my watch. I don't think half of mine are right anyway.... the little one is learning how to tell time and likes playing with the clocks in the house..... (that belongs in the things-that-drive-you-batty thread)

We have just started daylight savings again and I love it because it has been getting light at 5:30am and now its not until 6:30am. Also we have more light of an evening which is nice. It always throws me out for a few days though.

I think we ought to do away with it as well. By Christmas, the sun won't be coming up here until after 0830. During the summer, the sun's up around 0500, and doesn't go down until almost 9:30 pm. Of course, living this far north doesn't help either.

I only changed two clocks yesterday, my watch and the alarm clock. Both cable boxes (digital) and the pc changed themselves. I set the van radio clock this afternoon, and PeppA reset both cell phones. I'll set the microwave when I can get to it, as currently my MIL has that counter stuffed with dishes needing to be cleaned, then packed away.

Doesn't matter to me if the sun comes up at 8:30 in the dead of Winter. If it's a weekday, I'm at work by 7, so it's very often dark at that time, and on the weekend I try to stay in bed until about 8 or 8:30. A perfect time for daybreak.

BC

Yep. I'm a little warped. :LOL: I accidentally turned the clocks back LAST Saturday.

Dove said:
Oh darn! I got up at 6 AM..not 7.

Just like in the Rehab Home. Nothing to do so I was going to sleep early..like 8PM so I would be out in the hall at 2:30 using my walker to strengthen my hip. Usually it was 4:30 though.I'd go in and take my "little washcloth bath" (too much info. huh..) put on my face, dress and walk to the dining room (154 steps) pluck a little flower of one of the tables..put it behind my left ear (right Wasabi?) stop at our Lounge and one of the gals would bring me cup of coffee while the rest of the "residents" woke up.

Marge
---------didn't mean to change the subject --------

You're just like me, Marge. I put on make up wherever I am and if there's a flower around, I put it behind my ear. It always pays to look pretty, and you Marge, you are beautiful insisde and out. Hope that hip is getting better everyday.

Oh, about daylight savings time. What dat? :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom