Irish Coffee Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
This sounds good! I don't know about using a foil-lined pan, though. I think if you grease the pan good, that should be enough, although you could also cut a piece of parchment to fit, then spray that with Pam or something similar, and you should be able to invert the cooked product out of the pan and cut it more evenly.

Irish Coffee Brownies
Yields: sixteen 2” brownies

One 11 ½ oz pkg (2 c) milk chocolate morsels, in all
½ c butter
½ c sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla extract
2 T Irish whiskey
2 t Instant coffee
1 c all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350°F. In small saucepan over low heat, combine 1 c milk chocolate morsels and butter; stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature. In large bowl, combine sugar and eggs; beat until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla extract. In a cup, combine Irish whiskey and instant coffee; stir until dissolved. Add to chocolate mixture. Gradually blend in flour. Pour into foil-lined 8” square baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 25 – 30 minutes. Immediately sprinkle remaining Nestle Toll House milk chocolate morsels on top. Let stand until morsels are shiny and soft; spread evenly. Cool completely on wire rack; cut into 2” squares.

Allen... you're posting some great things today.
Thank
you!!! My tummy is smiling just thinking about all these
great tastes.

Sometimes brownies are just too soft to take out of the pan in 1 piece. Course if you're cutting them right out of the pan, it doesn't matter!:) THe foil, if you bring it up over the edges of the pan, will allow you to bring up the whole batch to place it on a cooling rack in one piece.

When we made brownies at the restaurant, we used full baking sheets lined with parchment. When the brownies were done and cooled, we placed another baking sheet on top of the baked brownies, and inverted it, then did the same thing again to have 'top side up' brownies. Loads of fun flipping those huge sheet pans!

Back
Top Bottom