Chicken in microwave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonf

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I"ve read in Kafka's "Microwave Gourmet" that you can microwave frozen chicken breasts over a bed of vegetables (p. 198).

Are there any raw poultry concerns if you do this? Will this work for unfrozen chicken breasts?

Thanks,
Simon

I'm sure if you follow the directions it will be fine. You will have pretty rubbery chicken I would think, but it should be fine otherwise.

OK, that didn't sound right...I just meant that there won't be any salmonella issues, but the chicken would likely taste better if you sauteed it in a frying pan or something. Stir frying is much more flavourful than microwaving.

Sorry if that didn't sound very nice. Sheesh...I must be tired.

Welcome to DC! Hope you enjoy it here.

Last edited:
Years back I lived in a place that didn't have an oven, I had a hotplate with two burners, a small toaster oven and a microwave, so I played around a lot with microwave cooking. I don't recall ever cooking my chicken breast in the microwave in anything but sauce. Usually I'd just season it, put a little water in the dish (Pyrex) and cook it at a fairly high heat. Alix is most likely right, you should be fine, but like yourself I'd be a bit apprehensive. What type of veggies does the recipe call for? Would it work if you cooked them in the microwave seperately from the chicken and then plated the two of them together?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom