Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Thankful after venting... (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/thankful-after-venting-16369.html)

shannon in KS 11-04-2005 08:32 AM

Thankful after venting...

ok ok, the venting thread is going very good. Enter drama>>> Waking up this morning, yesterday's events in the back of my mind (griping about work), and ready for a new day (at work).... I think to myself, how thankful I should be to even have a job. A job that allows me to live comfortably, to buy my daughter oooodles of clothes, to pay a telephone bill so I can call family, to be able to freely walk into my hometown grocer, buy anything I want, and also know everyone by name. Life is grand, simply.

What are you thankful for in spite of life's little speedbumps?

crewsk 11-04-2005 08:51 AM

Shannon, thanks for starting this thread! We all need to slow down sometimes & remember what we're thankful for. For me, it's having a hubby who's willing to work twice as hard so I can be a stay at home mom, having 2 kids that really brighten my day no matter how bad I think it is, parents I can call on to help me when ever I need it, food on the table every day(even when it turns out to be not so good), being able to come here to share my heartache & triumphs, & last but not least, a life that is full of happy memories!

Maidrite 11-04-2005 09:00 AM

I HAVE BARBARA NEED I SAY MORE ! AND SHE GETS TO HAVE A "MAIDRITE DAY" EVERYDAY SO WE TRUELY ARE BLESSED ! :tongue: :lol:

Alix 11-04-2005 12:03 PM

Oh lovely idea Shannon. I am thankful for so many things, good health, loving family and all the necessities of life. I do tend to get a bit caught up in my grumpiness sometimes, so thanks for reminding me to count my blessings.

texasgirl 11-04-2005 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix
Oh lovely idea Shannon. I am thankful for so many things, good health, loving family and all the necessities of life. I do tend to get a bit caught up in my grumpiness sometimes, so thanks for reminding me to count my blessings.

Alix, did you let your hubby come home:lol:

I'm thankful for waking up every morning!
I'm thankful knowing that my kids will SOME day, MOVE!:lol:
More thankful that my kids are healthy and are alive today!
I'm thankful that after almost 21 years of a hard marraige, we can still laugh with each other.

And last but NOT least, I'm thankful for finding all of you guys on DC!!

pdswife 11-04-2005 12:12 PM

Paul. He's made all my dreams come true. I know that sounds silly but
it's really true. Because of him I have the life I'd always wanted. Loving and being loved.. I waited a life time. It was worth the wait.

David. Because even though he tries to act like he doesn't care
when either of us have a bad day we reach out for each other and we're always there.

My friends. The ones I see and talk to every day and all of you
who I "chat" with every day. It's so good to have people you care about.

My family. ( again THANKS to Paul) I have a family now that loves me
and accepts me for who I am. And they let me love them. Wow! What a feeling.

My kitty. If I'm mad at the world... she's always there to cuddle.

Alix 11-04-2005 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasgirl
Alix, did you let your hubby come home:lol:

Yep! And he is what puts colour into my life. I was pretty glad to see him. He can make everything better with just a hug.

pdswife 11-04-2005 12:27 PM

:smile: Isn't
it amazing how powerful a little hug
can be? :smile:

middie 11-04-2005 12:49 PM

my friends (in life and in dc)
my family
still having a job

mudbug 11-04-2005 04:04 PM

I'm thankful for getting to do something for a living that I'm good at again, without too much drama on the side.