The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
is anyone else having problems uploading an avatar? i have tried a couple of small ones, 45x45 and 64x64, and they show up in my user cp, but not in the forum.

I'm stumped, hopefully Andy will get here soon and will be able to fix you up. Sorry buckytom.

Schadenfreude said:
I'm having this problem too. Maybe it just takes a while for it to show up.

It should show up immediately.

I changed mine, it works.

Last edited:
kjchen69 said:
I uploaded mine but it won't show when I post, any help?
What are you trying to upload? Is it to big? I see that you have a profile pic that is 75 X 100. They need to be 80 X 80 or smaller in your avatar.

Last edited:
schadenfreude said that it showed in the window that it uploaded with no error signs, like it's suppose to,but, it doesn't come through on the posts.

texasgirl said:
schadenfreude said that it showed in the window that it uploaded with no error signs, like it's suppose to,but, it doesn't come through on the posts.
I think it was uploaded as a profile pic and not an avatar.

Hi MJ,

I tried to upload an animated thanksgiving avatar but was not allowed to. It was resized to the allowed size. Is there a new rule about animated avatars?

wasabi said:
Hi MJ,

I tried to upload an animated thanksgiving avatar but was not allowed to. It was resized to the allowed size. Is there a new rule about animated avatars?
The new upgrade does not allow .gif animations anymore. If you had an old gif avatar, it will still be there...

MJ said:
I think it was uploaded as a profile pic and not an avatar.

No, it's up as an avatar, and I have not uploaded a profile pic yet. It's 60x60 px, black and white, gif (non-animated), around 8K. I can't figure out why it won't work! :doh:

ETA: I can still see it in my profile under "current avatar".

Schadenfreude said:
No, it's up as an avatar, and I have not uploaded a profile pic yet. It's 60x60 px, black and white, gif (non-animated), around 8K. I can't figure out why it won't work! :doh:

ETA: I can still see it in my profile under "current avatar".
It isn't showing up in your user control panel under "avatar" when I check. Can you send me a PM with the pic that you want for your avatar? .gif pics are not allowed.

MJ said:
It isn't showing up in your user control panel under "avatar" when I check. Can you send me a PM with the pic that you want for your avatar? .gif pics are not allowed.

PM'ed ya. And I misspoke, it's just a little jpeg.

Schadenfreude said:
PM'ed ya. And I misspoke, it's just a little jpeg.
My apologies Schadenfreude. After doing some investigating, I found a problem with the new upgrade we did recently, and the problem is on our end. Please give us some time to fix this problem and hang tight.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
MJ

MJ said:
What are you trying to upload? Is it to big? I see that you have a profile pic that is 75 X 100. They need to be 80 X 80 or smaller in your avatar.

I changed mine(the pic in my profile) to 72x80 and still wouldn't show, any idea?

MJ said:
Please give us some time to fix this problem and hang tight.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
MJ

Fix it with some of that Wisconsin chrome (duct tape). Sorry, MJ, couldn't resist sharing the new one I heard over Thanksgiving from my Illinois siblings.

Back
Top Bottom